Up North

Huge_Vitae

behave ......or il start talking about football :yeah::yeah::P:lol:

Talking of football, have they got a team on the IoW?

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned the war once but I think I got away with it :blink:

(WHO GIVES A SHITE ABOUT FOOTBALL)

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

gozzer we got his weak spot!,,,,whos going to win on weds? i reckon barcelona 2-1 :yeah::sun::lol:

Weak Spot = Footballl I think not.............

Cannot abide the game and only ever watched it when I was getting paid.

REAL GAME = Waterpolo................

1978 (RAF)

1979 (RAF)

1980 (HANTSPOL)

1981 (EASTLEIGH+HANTSPOL+HANTS)

1982 (HANTS)

1983 (HANTS)

1984 (HANTS)

Last game played.......... rules changed to 'prohibit bodily contact' played at the finals @ Crystal Palace, lasted about 5 mins in Pool before being disqualified............

Not my fault the guy's nose got in the way of my elbow. But then I am a 'Dinosaur' it seems :blink:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Weak Spot = Footballl I think not.............

Cannot abide the game and only ever watched it when I was getting paid.

REAL GAME = Waterpolo................

1978 (RAF)

1979 (RAF)

1980 (HANTSPOL)

1981 (EASTLEIGH+HANTSPOL+HANTS)

1982 (HANTS)

1983 (HANTS)

1984 (HANTS)

Last game played.......... rules changed to 'prohibit bodily contact' played at the finals @ Crystal Palace, lasted about 5 mins in Pool before being disqualified............

Not my fault the guy's nose got in the way of my elbow. But then I am a 'Dinosaur' it seems :blink:

And how many horses did you drown, eh?

First hamsters then pike, now horses, your cruelty knows no bounds sir. :o

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

:black_eye::lol: theres a lot of waterpolo over here, its very popular.

Never will be the same for me since they changed the rules I had to stop playing.

And how many horses did you drown

Loads............

First hamsters then pike

Careful, you used the singular, using the plural will get you deleted.

And how many horses did you drown, eh?

First hamsters then pike, now horses,

Sir, You are repeating yourself.

your cruelty knows no bounds sir

You are correct Sir, I make up my own knots :blink:

We have standards here you know.

Our laws do not allow us to decapitate people willy nilly and place their heads on pikes up Noddy Hill....

We are a modern democratic society after all you know.

We ONLY decapitate French people and put their heads on pikes.............

And who is going to argue that one eh :rolleyes:

i am soooooooooo confused it says you are from iow but know they did that up north at hartlepool and the french man was a monkey called hangus who is now the mascot for football team ..........tee hee ........back to football ................sorry

i am soooooooooo confused it says you are from iow but know they did that up north at hartlepool and the french man was a monkey called hangus who is now the mascot for football team ..........tee hee ........back to football ................sorry

One, only One, surely they could have found at least 11 more :blink:

"At the time of the Norman Conquest, William the Conqueror granted overlordship of the Isle of Wight to his relative William FitzOsbern who began the construction of a castle at Carisbrooke. The lordship of the Island passed to the De Redvers family in 1101, with the hereditary rights and privileges that accompanied it, until the Countess Isabella De Fortibus, the last survivor in the family, sold the Island to Edward 1 in 1293 for six thousand marks.

The acquisition of full control of the Island by the crown was important because the Island's vulnerability to invasion. The lordship of the Island was now a royal appointment. One of the lords of the Island - Henry Beauchamp, Duke of Warwick - was actually given a title of King to the Isle of Wight in 1444 by Henry V1, who attended the ceremony and placed the crown on his head.

During the Hundred Years' War, the Island, like much of the south coast, became a target for marauding French. The Island's only fortification, the Norman Castle at Carisbrooke, assumed a defence role for which it was unsuited owing to its central position; The French could land on the coast and burn and plunder while ignoring the castle. Towns and villages like Yarmouth, Newtown and Newport were sometimes attacked and burned. In 1377 a party of French fell into an ambush on the outskirts of Newport and were cut to pieces in Dead Man's Lane, now Trafalgar Road. They are supposed to be buried at 'Noddies Hill', now known as Nodehill or Upper St. James' Street. On the same occasion the French besieged the castle, but, according to the legend, retired on the death of their commander, shot from the castle's west wall. Concern about the French attacks is shown in the frequent modifications made to the Castle's defences in the 14th Century."