Up North

Huge_Vitae

To get this thread back on topic, I have discovered evidence that the Huge we know on this forum is a lie.

The real Huge is a kind and generous man, who has decided to make a trip further north than he is willing to admit. To my home town no less. In light of this evidence I would like to rescind any insults or unkind words I have said to this man, and ask you all to join me in applauding his generosity in giving up his time to such a worthy cause.

post-8097-1147561346_thumb.jpg

I am, at this moment, exausted from a five person argument about the 'existence' of one of my Uncles to contemplate your retribution Gobbo.

Please be assured that such retribution/reply will be forth comming but as it is I am blinking knackered and going to bed :rolleyes:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am, at this moment, exausted from a five person argument about the 'existence' of one of my Uncles to contemplate your retribution Gobbo.

Please be assured that such retribution/reply will be forth comming but as it is I am blinking knackered and going to bed :rolleyes:

Good night Huge, you'll need your rest, you'll be up in the morning training wont you? :D

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Check this out. I live in Whitley Bay Northumberland. I have a static caravan in Drummore,Mull of Galloway,Scotland.

I have to drive south to get to it :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Can I hear the rustle of maps :P

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Check this out. I live in Whitley Bay Northumberland. I have a static caravan in Drummore,Mull of Galloway,Scotland.

I have to drive south to get to it :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Can I hear the rustle of maps :P

Don't need the maps Snatcher, I think I can find my way there blindfolded now. Beautiful country and coast line, not fished there yet, but someday I will.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Don't need the maps Snatcher, I think I can find my way there blindfolded now. Beautiful country and coast line, not fished there yet, but someday I will.

Just say the word gozzer. I can put you on the money :):)

Blows your mind mate on a clear day at the end of the Mull "Scotlands most southern point"

Look to the south - Isle of Man

Look to the west - Ireland and the Mts of Mourne - both about 25 miles away

This is the biggie on a clear day,have seen 10 peaks in the lakes. Bear in mind you can see all of this from the one spot !

Loads of palm trees as well cos of the Gulf Stream :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

That is a 'modern immitation' of the religion.

It always makes me smile when I hear that claim. All paganism as practised in the UK today is a mish-mash of folklore, literature, and modern invention. There is no proof of any unbroken tradition of ancient pe-Christian religion to be found (see Ronald Hutton's books, especially "The Triumph of the Moon").

Many things that were claimed to have existed since or been handed down from the mists of the Celtic twilight have been proven to be of much more recent origin.

But, as ever, I am open-minded and willing to be convinced otherwise by new evidence to the contrary. :)

It always makes me smile when I hear that claim. All paganism as practised in the UK today is a mish-mash of folklore, literature, and modern invention. There is no proof of any unbroken tradition of ancient pe-Christian religion to be found (see Ronald Hutton's books, especially "The Triumph of the Moon").

Many things that were claimed to have existed since or been handed down from the mists of the Celtic twilight have been proven to be of much more recent origin.

But, as ever, I am open-minded and willing to be convinced otherwise by new evidence to the contrary. :)

Exactly what I was saying but in fewer words :blink:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Methinks you ought to put a bit of study into the actual battle of Waterloo and, in particular the previous 'meeting' of the French and English at Quatre Bass before you make statements based on a film :blink:

QED: I have, through many simulations 'replayed' the Battle of Waterloo through some very awesome software (cant seem to get about 100,000 people to actually refight the battle!) Including the software which went on to become "Time commanders" with the BBC. With all the programming of 'known details' and 'historical referance' of the time it is IMPOSSIBLE for the Guards Division to retain control of the 'Farmhouse' (The key to the battle as both Wellington and 'Old Boney' admitted) BUT THEY DID............ And not a Prussian in sight.

Newt, Not sure if we took the fight out of them because this would imply that they learnt a lesson from the fight, as it was NOT A MAN went back alive :sun:

My son was in waterloo 6th platoon based at harrogate and he knows all they is to know about the battle of waterloo drilled into him from 5am till 11pm and then he came home and drilled it into me kept telling him i live in 2006.....................i have enough with the TA and 3weeks away from home a yr and own business will he go and be based in germany noooooooooooooo.....he has to stay here and bug me...........lol........but i love him.......

Exactly what I was saying but in fewer words :blink:

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were claiming arcane knowledge of an ancient pagan tradition... :unsure: