Wingham fish-in

Anderoo

I'm buzzing B) I don't normally get the coarse gear out until 16th June (and trying not to think too much about the drive down there... :yucky: )

What are people hoping to catch? I'd love some fat, spring tench. A nice big perch would be good too. Record bream - sure, why not :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm buzzing B) I don't normally get the coarse gear out until 16th June (and trying not to think too much about the drive down there... :yucky: )

What are people hoping to catch? I'd love some fat, spring tench. A nice big perch would be good too. Record bream - sure, why not :D

To say I'm getting excited would be a understatement.

My main targets are going to be the tench and perch as well, but to be honest I'll be happy just being there meeting people and having a chat.

Andy.

If you're coming, whether to fish or not, please check post 23 on page 1 of the main Wingham thread at http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=62236 that I've got you down. This includes BBQ and bait orders that I've now added.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

To whet your appetites still further one member had 7 tench yesterday morning. He's done even better so far this morning with 14 to 8lbs 13ozs!

I haven't heard from the other 2 members who're fishing, but they had fish rolling in their swims as they set up yesterday evening.

Glyn Llewellyn, one of my bailiffs and a Wingham member, has fished overnight after working on the clubhouse and had a 30lb+ mirror from the Carp Lake. That keeps up our average of at least one thirty a week since the carp woke up. Just the one 40 so far though.

I had planned to fish myself but not all the work is finished yet, so I doubt that I'll be able to. One of you will have get that record bream for me then!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

To whet your appetites still further one member had 7 tench yesterday morning. He's done even better so far this morning with 14 to 8lbs 13ozs!

I haven't heard from the other 2 members who're fishing, but they had fish rolling in their swims as they set up yesterday evening.

Glyn Llewellyn, one of my bailiffs and a Wingham member, has fished overnight after working on the clubhouse and had a 30lb+ mirror from the Carp Lake. That keeps up our average of at least one thirty a week since the carp woke up. Just the one 40 so far though.

I had planned to fish myself but not all the work is finished yet, so I doubt that I'll be able to. One of you will have get that record bream for me then!

'Just the one 40 so far though'! :o Hardly worth coming then! :D

What a great bag of tench. Something like that would be fantastic. My pb's 8lb 4oz, so it looks like there's a chance of breaking it.

Shame you won't be fishing Steve but if I was used to having the lake to myself I probably wouldn't bother either...!

My main targets are going to be the tench and perch as well, but to be honest I'll be happy just being there meeting people and having a chat.

Me too Andy!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

A complete mixture! They just seem to be starving at the moment!

I have now. One's blanked. The other's had 20 tench averaging over 7lbs and they're still feeding!

Having negotiated a last minute licence with the Mrs and received an OK from Steve to attend, NOW I'm getting excited ! :yahoo:

I thought I'd got off to a great start this spring with a new PB Tench of 6lb 11oz, but can't imagine what something around the 8lb mark would be like.

Nic

We are off to BassPro in an hour to do some last minute 'bit buying' and will be packing this weekend so we can just load up and off to the airport on Wednesday evening.

Excited does not even begin to describe our state of mind right now.

A "pictures" request to all who will be attending - I will be publishing an eBook after the UK trip and while Jan & I will be taking lots of photos, we would also love to get pics from other anglers. Not only any 'trophy' shots you get but just general snaps would be great. I'll post a detailed thread so I don't hijack this one.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President