Wingham fish-in

Anderoo

I have just had a look on the map and realised how far wingham is from us and its a fair old drive :o . Not that i am complaing as it wont be the first time ive travelled long distances to fish, drove to Ayr in scotland once for a days piking and then back home in the night.

Anyway i see there is a toll on the M25 (dartford ) does anybody know how much it is for a van and is the M25 in the "make Ken Livingstone rich zone", i think its called the conjestion zone.

You know what its like when us northern tourists come down south we are like fish out of water :D

Paul,

The Dartford toll for a Van is £1.80p and is the only toll you will need to pay unless you decide to take the new Birmingham M6 toll road to by-pass Birmingham.... if you do use that it's around another Fiver.

An option to miss both tolls is to take the M6 - M42 then M40 down to the M25 then take the M25 around the South side of London. That route is only a few miles longer but will avoid any tolls. There are currently roadworks on the East side of the M25 as well which can hold you up so the M40 route is the one I'd use.

Look forward to seeing you down here... oh and contrary to popular belief, a passport wont be needed :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just had a look on the map and realised how far wingham is from us and its a fair old drive :o . Not that i am complaing as it wont be the first time ive travelled long distances to fish, drove to Ayr in scotland once for a days piking and then back home in the night.

Anyway i see there is a toll on the M25 (dartford ) does anybody know how much it is for a van and is the M25 in the "make Ken Livingstone rich zone", i think its called the conjestion zone.

You know what its like when us northern tourists come down south we are like fish out of water :D

Awww Paul, it's only a couple of quid and us Londoner's would feel a bit happier that somone else was contributing to Ken's retirement fund ! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I don't know about you but Im starting to panic already. I have a habit of forgetting things when I'm going fishing :( . Usually I'm close to home so if I need to pop back it's no problem. I've started writing a list but I'll probably forget to put something on it. :D

Andy

Steve - do you have any crays in your lakes? I have some soft plastic crays I wanted to try and it will be interesting to see if fish react to them. If you do have crays I'm pretty certain they will. If you don't, I think they still may.

Just to be on the safe side and since you mentioned tadpoles, I picked up a couple packets of soft plastic frogs this morning to bring along.

Oh, and I'm bringing Elton some 10/0 and some 12/0 hooks as requested along with some 16/0 circles (about the same gape as an 11/0 Aberdeen pattern). Not sure if he plans to use any of them at Wingham though. Do you have some monster fish you haven't mentioned?

No crays. The tadpoles are about an inch long at present but of course are growing fast. The only fish likely to have spawned are pike and perch. Depths are very variable due to the gravel bars and go down to 20ft within casting distance of the bank on the Coarse Lake and 12ft in the Carp Lake. Average depth is 10ft in the Coarse Lake and 6ft in the Carp Lake.

Perhaps Elton wants to use those hooks as a weed drag!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Guest Jan V
I don't know about you but Im starting to panic already. I have a habit of forgetting things when I'm going fishing :( . Usually I'm close to home so if I need to pop back it's no problem. I've started writing a list but I'll probably forget to put something on it. :D

Andy

Imagine being 4000 miles from home with one real long swim inbetween.... :P

Imagine being 4000 miles from home with one real long swim inbetween.... :P

While I was writing that post the thought did cross my mind how you and Newt were coping. :)

Edited by Jigotai

LOL - I have basically packed multiples (sometimes lots of multiples) of any lures and bits I don't think you have available and plan to simply borrow the other goodies.

I think I have around 35 lbs of lures & bits packed. Quite a few of them will remain in the UK when we leave though.

If I weren't so old and ornery I'd feel a little guilty since if some of my stuff does manage to catch fish, there may be a run on internet tackle orders from the US and we can use the money to help bring our balance of payment back in line. :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

LOL - I have basically packed multiples (sometimes lots of multiples) of any lures and bits I don't think you have available and plan to simply borrow the other goodies.

I think I have around 35 lbs of lures & bits packed. :D :D Quite a few of them will remain in the UK when we leave though.

I'm sure the tackle you buy over here will make up for the tackle you leave behind. :D

Guest Jan V
While I was writing that post the thought did cross my mind how you and Newt coping. :)

Newt always copes and adjusts well. I'm in a frenzy trying to match up power supply cords to cameras, etc and getting everything charged and ready to go. Newt's got his suitcase nearly packed and mine sits empty in the living room. I watched Newt pack my rods, reels, hooks, sinkers, bobbers and bobber stoppers so I'm set to go for fishing. Alan Fawcett's girls will inherit most my stuff when we get ready to head home since I have a new rod waiting for me at Wingham (I do, don't I Steve?).