Wingham fish-in

Anderoo

er, Just had a thought.

Is someone going to show Newt what a stinging-nettle looks like, and the purpose of dock leaves.

Or do you think he'll discover for himself soon enough? :)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

er, Just had a thought.

Is someone going to show Newt what a stinging-nettle looks like, and the purpose of dock leaves.

Or do you think he'll discover for himself soon enough? :)

Depends whether or not he strays off the straight and narrow! BTW, Leon, it looks as though they'll be room for you to fish if you'd like. E-mail to follow in a few minutes.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Ezcited? To right I am! What do I want to catch? dont care just being at the place is good enough for me.

Same for me but it would be nice if I managed to catch one of these Tench. :thumbs:

Been looking forward to it since Steve Burke started this topic

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Just heard of a second 30 today from the Carp Lake, a 36 common. It's a new PB for a new member. That's the 3rd thirty this week.

Elton, when are you coming? I hope it's not a question of you should have been here yesterday!

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Less than a week to go now :) .I am not starting to get my gear ready until next week tho as it will only add to the exitement :) .

I am happy to catch anything but i do have a preference for tench regardless of size

If anybody needs a bivvy i have a spare 1 man and 2 man if needed. They are shaekspear cypry's but they will be fine for this time of year.I have also got a spare carp rod,reel and buzzer if anybody needs one.

Regards Paul Mc

I have now. One's blanked. The other's had 20 tench averaging over 7lbs and they're still feeding!

Update

In the 36 hour session the first angler had 32 tench averaging over 7lbs and including 3 eights!

His mate moved swims and had 6 tench.

I'd add that all the fish came in daylight, and they were still feeding when they packed up at breakfast time.

Edited by Steve Burke

Just finished my night shift and will shortly be seeing my waggler slip beneath the surface ripple to be met by a swift strike and then ...............the wife will probably wake me hoovering!! still can sort my tackle then, looking forward to the fishing and BBQ and meeting old and new, CANT wait!! :sun:

Guest Jan V
Update

In the 36 hour session the first angler had 32 tench averaging over 7lbs and including 3 eights!

His mate moved swims and had 6 tench.

I'd add that all the fish came in daylight, and they were still feeding when they packed up at breakfast time.

Keep 'em hungry 'til next weekend, Steve.

Keep 'em hungry 'til next weekend, Steve.

One of the 2 (adjoining swims) I've put you and Newt into has just produced 26 tench to 8-13 in 48 hours, all caught in the daytime. I'll leave you and Newt to fight over who gets which one!