Wingham fish-in

Anderoo

Yes, one carp was hooked and lost last weekend. And at last year's Fish-In Will Wilkinson had the same happen to him.

One of the best things at Wingham is that you've no idea what you'll catch next, especially on worm. It could be anything from a small perch to a record bream. Best of all though, the fish are nowhere near fully-grown yet! :)

:sun::sun::sun:

Are the big perch being caught yet? Not that I want to sound too greedy!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the perch are conspicuous by their absense at the moment, although a shoal of smaller ones was seen at the weekend. It may be that they're preoccupied with tadpoles at the moment - of which we have zillions!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

My sweet wife is making fun of me and I don't understand why.

I just finished packing rods, a few reels, and some odd bits for fishing. She says the fact that we will be spending the entire time with long-time anglers who have, as we all do, plenty of spare gear means it is really silly for me to be bringing along a suitcase loaded with only fishing stuff and a rod carrier with 6 rods.

I told her there might be some items that I might want to use that I might not be able to source locally. The hard part was keeping the weight of the suitcase below the 50 lb maximum the airline will allow. It is at 48.5 lbs by my scales so any last minute tackle thoughts will need to go in with the clothing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Really looking fwd to this,will get all my gear ready on the Thursday evening.Hope i get a Tench or two but if not no big deal just looking fwd to fishing Wingham after hearing such good reports also looking fwd to meeting a few people of here.Last fish-in i was able to attend was Yateley about 5 years ago great weekend even though i blanked.

For Metcheck weather forecasts for Wingham go to http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp the postcode for Wingham is CT3.

It's also worth looking at the probability page. This will give you an idea of how accurate the forecast is likely to be. Obviously the nearer the day, the less the variability in the forecast.

I'd disregard their fishing forecasts as what's good weather for one species isn't for another. For instance last weekend they forecast poor conditions - and the tench went potty!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Quite a few of you have enquired about fishing the Carp Lake. I'm afraid I won't be opening the Carp Lake except for Newt's lure fishing demos. This will also make it fair for everyone as quite a few would miss out!

Having said that, Elton and Wordbender will still be fishing the Carp Lake at the beginning of the Fish-in as they're down there earlier as my guests and they're staying on to meet as many of you as possible.

I don't care whether it rains or not, just looking forward to seeing this beautiful place again.

And of course (hopefully) catching some nice fishies

:D

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Steve - do you have any crays in your lakes? I have some soft plastic crays I wanted to try and it will be interesting to see if fish react to them. If you do have crays I'm pretty certain they will. If you don't, I think they still may.

Just to be on the safe side and since you mentioned tadpoles, I picked up a couple packets of soft plastic frogs this morning to bring along.

Oh, and I'm bringing Elton some 10/0 and some 12/0 hooks as requested along with some 16/0 circles (about the same gape as an 11/0 Aberdeen pattern). Not sure if he plans to use any of them at Wingham though. Do you have some monster fish you haven't mentioned?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I have just had a look on the map and realised how far wingham is from us and its a fair old drive :o . Not that i am complaing as it wont be the first time ive travelled long distances to fish, drove to Ayr in scotland once for a days piking and then back home in the night.

Anyway i see there is a toll on the M25 (dartford ) does anybody know how much it is for a van and is the M25 in the "make Ken Livingstone rich zone", i think its called the conjestion zone.

You know what its like when us northern tourists come down south we are like fish out of water :D

Regards Paul Mc

I have just had a look on the map and realised how far wingham is from us and its a fair old drive :o . Not that i am complaing as it wont be the first time ive travelled long distances to fish, drove to Ayr in scotland once for a days piking and then back home in the night.

Anyway i see there is a toll on the M25 (dartford ) does anybody know how much it is for a van and is the M25 in the "make Ken Livingstone rich zone", i think its called the conjestion zone.

You know what its like when us northern tourists come down south we are like fish out of water :D

Click here for toll prices. Its way outside conjestion zone.

Andy.