Wingham fish-in

Anderoo

It does look like we are bringing rain, wind, and chilly temps along with us. If Leon shows up it may even snow. :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look like we are bringing rain, wind, and chilly temps along with us. If Leon shows up it may even snow. :D :D

:o:o Snow??? What in the middle of May?? But mind you I never had an BBQ in the snow before :lol:

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

:o:o Snow??? What in the middle of May?? But mind you I never had an BBQ in the snow before :lol:

On June 1st 1975 it snowed as far south as Colchester! That summer was a hot one, that would have been remembered if 1976 hadn't been even hotter.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Guest Jan V

Nothing better than a Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey cooked out on the grill

Nothing better than a Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey cooked out on the grill

Cod and chips a week on Sunday Jan :) Are you and Newt good sailors ? The sea can get a bit lumpy up our neck of the woods :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Arrrr Matey. We is.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Jan V
Cod and chips a week on Sunday Jan :) Are you and Newt good sailors ? The sea can get a bit lumpy up our neck of the woods :)

Newt was in the Coast Guard for 23 years and Navy for 4 years so he's good to go. I have prescription patches for motion sickness and dramimine. Thanks for asking. :)

Hi Steve, thanks for the rules and directions. A couple more questions if I may:

- can we fish for pike?

- what line strength and hook size would you recommend for the tench (using worm for bait)?

- Based on previous captures, is it better to use free running rigs rather than semi-fixed, e.g. Method feeder for tench?

Thanks again :):)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi Steve, thanks for the rules and directions. A couple more questions if I may:

- can we fish for pike?

- what line strength and hook size would you recommend for the tench (using worm for bait)?

- Based on previous captures, is it better to use free running rigs rather than semi-fixed, e.g. Method feeder for tench?

Thanks again :):)

1) Sorry, as per the rules, no pike fishing.

2) 6-8lb as they're not tackle shy and there are some sharp bars. I use 8lb straight through, often with a 6lb hooklength. Many of the recent mega catches came on 15lb straight through! I use size 6 hooks for lobs or bunches of dendras, down to size 12 for a single dendra. Don't forget - no barbless hooks (the opposite of most commercial fisheries for hooks larger than size 10.

3) Again, they're not tackle shy so all rigs seem to work. However, I'd recommend a running rig for perch but with a shorter hooklength than normal. My starting point on lobworm at Wingham is about 15 inches. However, one of the nice things about a Fish-In is that it's an opportunity to learn as everyone tries something different.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net