Queen Wasp Building New Nest

Charlie Bettell

Wow!

That looks just like the one I found inside the door of my garden shed last week. Fair play to you for photographing it. I'm afraid my reaction was to get the electric bug zapping bat and have it out with the queen before any reinforcements hatched.

If I hadn't spotted it, and instead had opened the shed door sometime in June... I HATE WASPS...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's happened to Charlie and the Wasp factory?

How big is it? Has it taken over the shed yet?

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest Ferret1959
what happened charlie, what happened to the nest, did the eggs hatch, did they build it bigger, please let us know whats been going on, been watching your website anxiously for the next installments ovedr the past few months. :thumbs:

Errr the queen vanished and........................... :headhurt:

Errr the queen vanished and........................... :headhurt:

Are you sure about that, Dave? Who told you? Wish I'd have known that before I posted back in June. :( ....... ;)

Sorry Andy, couldn't resist. Do try and keep up mate. :D

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Most queens will build half a dozen nests at the same time .........and most dont materialise into full blown nests..............................but if they do develope ...............................

I get called out and paid to destroy it ......................I love the wasp seasons.

Brian

(avatar is a 171lb common skate )

caught onboard "Catchalot" with Davy Holt