Fishing can be so so cruel........

Guest Brumagem Phil

Guest Brumagem Phil

Lots of wind, lots of rain and lots of cold tonight, but no fish! Obviously all tucked up somewhere nice and warm watching the tele!!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Brumagem Phil

Well a quick update.....

I've fished a few times during this cold wet spell and its like fishing a pool with no fish in it. Had one run in 5 outings.

Had a go tonight as it was a calm warm evening after a warm day and although I saw one or two fish surface, the activity was still way off what it should be. The water still feels cold too and all the rain has filled the lake right back up again. Another couple of warm sunny days is whats needed IMO.

Still been whaling bait in every night though..........there'll be a bait island out there soon! :)

Guest Brumagem Phil

Well tonight saw quite a bit more fish action........at least 6 carp crashing out in and around the weeds. Nothing taking bait though it seems.

In the end I casted out at a bit of distance for the last hour just for a change and took a 3lb bream and had a carp on which surprise surprise headed straight for the weeds. He snagged me up so bad I had to pull for a break in the end. It broke the hooklength right at the hook so the carp had obviously used the weed to shed the hook.

I guess they must still be pre-occupied with spawning............I'll still be wangin in bait and waiting for em when they've finished :)

Quite enjoying the challenge of it all actually.

Guest Brumagem Phil

Sigh, another blank! Again, fish showing and crashing around (including a ruddy great mirror no more than 30 feet from me!) but not so much as a run.

Might swap one rod onto a running ledger tomorrow with a fat lobworm on the hook instead.

Phill, I feel you pain, but patience will work. I was out on Friday afternoon and caught 6 Carp from 4-8lb. and lost 4 others. I returned on Saturday morning and caught 7 more Carp and one Bream . The fact that I lost 4 more fish before I departed made me happy non-the less. The baiting that I had been doing paided off. Keep on going to your special place and Enjoy the Fishing!!!!

HOPPY4

HOPPY

Guest Brumagem Phil

Thanks guys, for the positive remarks (and for reading my thread/blog).

Fished again tonight but went earlier to see if that might help...........it didnt and once again the lake was lifeless until the light faded. I fished the method again (with my ground bread and pigeon mix) but with worm onthe hookinstead of maize. I had quite a few dead snatches with mangled worm coming in so suspect the bream like the change if nothing else! I did get one small bream before leaving so not a totally dry net.

Not too many carp actually showing tonight though.

Still cant quite workout why I was getting 2 carp runs a night for 4 nights and now I've had just 2 in the past 7 outings.

Off for some grub, I'm Hank Marvin! :)

Guest Brumagem Phil

Well a bream on each of the past two outings and barely a carp to be seen (although there has been the odd tail thrashing!).

Decided to change bait...........a five pound note and see what country of origin the bottle of wine I hook is from!

CHEERS!!!!!!! :drunk::drunk:

Guest Brumagem Phil

Would you believe I had just the one bream again tonight! :schmoll:

My missus says its the same one that feels sorry for me each night and leaps on my hook. Tell you what though he must be single handedly eating all my ground bait too as he weighed 6 lbs tonight :)

Guest Brumagem Phil

I think my bream suffers from bulimia as he only weighed 3.5 lbs tonight!! Still no sign of the carp.

Really beginning to scratch my head over this one......where have they all suddenly gone???