Fishing can be so so cruel........

Guest Brumagem Phil

Guest Brumagem Phil

Only another couple of months and those big clunkers will be looking up at me from an unhooking mat!!!!

......of course this thread will get resurrected at the appropriate time!

Bring it on! :thumbs::thumbs:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only another couple of months and those big clunkers will be looking up at me from an unhooking mat!!!!

Sounds great Phil. Whose mat?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Brumagem Phil

Walked around my local lakes tonight and the jack pike are already in position waiting for the ladies to arrive...............a bit early I think which can only mean that provided the weather holds up, the carp will be early spawning too! ;)

Might boil up my first batch of pre-bait tomorrow :D

Can hardly wait!!!

Some of you will recall how i've sung the praises of the greys 7ft stalker for a couple of years now to anyone daft enough to listen, so i've ordered another one! Mate of mind is gonna make me a stainless mini pod for em based on a very stong single bank stick with the mini pod sat on top.........should be great for carp and also for the barbel when angled upward down at the river.

:fishing1:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Brumagem Phil

Well I've now been prebaiting for best part of a month now so decided to go and dangle my rods in!

Lots of fish activity.........swirls, rings, small uns jumping etc but not much actually going on around the rod tip at first. Managed a nice 4lb bream though which was ok. Mint condition of course as all the fish are in this pool.

Late in the session my new Greys stalker went screaming off...... 5 mins later the net slid under a perfect 10lb 8oz common in perfect condition! :thumbs:

Can't wait to get back out there! :clap2:

Edited by Brumagem Phil

Guest Brumagem Phil

A blank tonight which is a shame.

LOTS of small tugs and twitches on the line but nothing more than that. I ought really to take a third very sensitve rod, lightly tackled to fish right in front of me as I'm sure these indications are once again the small carp and also skimmers......something to keep me occupied perhaps whilst the big uns are quiet.

I've just read back this whole thread and its been quite enlightening reading it again.......first thing that struck me was I only took FOUR proper carp out of this lake in the whole of last season! EEEEK!!! Second is that I've started fishing a whole month earlier this year and caught on the first outing.......now that along with the fact my catching dried up last spring at the end of May gives me a few pointers for this year.

I've now come to this conclusion............the carp in this lake are only really catchable whilst they feed up pre spawning when the lake is lacking in nautural food. Once the blood worm, daphnea and all the other natural lake food bursts into life, its really not even worth trying. On that basis I started a month earlier this year. Lets see how it pans out......we'll know within the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Enjoying reading this.

Airguns:

Air Arms S200 .22

Cometa 5

Fishing rods and reel:

Fox 2 1/2 test carp rod + Shimano Baitrunner

Shimano Beast Master 60lb test stand up rod(5 1/2ft) + Penn international 2 speed with 30lb mono

COMING SOON: Abu #6/7 and okuma fly reel.

medaley0.jpg

Freshwater PB: 31 lb carp

Saltwater PB: 49lb tuna

Guest Brumagem Phil

Thanks Josh.

Another blank tonight :yucky:

Quite a few small fish jumping again with a few small bream rolling but not as much activity as last night. Fewer tugs at the line by the small fish too.

Lets hope this warm weather lasts so I can keep at em!

Guest Brumagem Phil

Sorry fellahs, another blank tonight. :yucky:

Was pretty chilly too so didnt fish quite as long as the past 2 nights but still put in a half decent session (8pm till midnight).

A breeze tonight so a ripple on the water prevented me actually seeing much fish activity but the rod tip was still twitching and tugging away all session from small skimmers and the like. I reckon I'f I'd float fished I'd have had a keepnet full of tiddlers again!

Need to get my sh*T together and catch a few of these carp or you guys will have nothing to read! :angry:

Whaddayamean?? Nothing to read, what's this I'm reading then!!! Missed the start of the thread Phil, but knowing you are back on it again will keep looking in, so keep it coming, please!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Guest Brumagem Phil

A fairly quiet night again tonight I'm afraid.

I did manage one bream of about 3lb so at least the net got dunked for a change!

Toward the end I decided to launch the one rod out a bit just for a quick hours tester. I had a take which kinda looked like a bream take.........a couple of plucks and a few clicks of the baitrunner followed by gentle bobbing of the rod tip but no more. I picked the rod up and struck to see if there was anything substantial there, and indeed there was! It bobbed and went on a feeble run but really just felt 'heavy' in the water. I couple of seconds later and it was gone. No idea what it was unfortunately.

Still no big clonkin carp though! :cry: