Little Grumble

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi mat the fisherman, im in shevington, thanks for the info, never knew there was fish in there, is it deep ?. i did hear that the one further up, i think its called the figure 8 has been netted do you know if its true or not.

thanks tony

Hi Tony,

The water is about 6foot at deepest (it may be more at the moment). Unfortunately they are probably only a handfull of what you might class as pegs (pallets turned upside down in the mud) but the fish are good. I have had many good mornings on there and the best thing is the river is behind you and the canal in front so if you have had enough you can move on quite easily.(oh and the figure 8 is up the road......as for it being netted I think that is a tale told by many when a pond starts to do well. I know that there are big carp in there however I have never had a good day on there.........

If you fancy meeting up some time just let me know...

Don't let it put you off Mat, there are some better waters around, tigger is spot on by the way, there are some rough estates in that area.

Do you have any transport?

Hi Snotty,

unfortunately at the moment I have no transport which makes it very hard to find decent waters. I try and blag my Dad into taking me once a month but its hard to persuade him as he is a non angler. I am always on the look out for locals on here that may want to help me out but there doesnt seem to be that many :schmoll: . Are you local?

Sadly, this sort of behaviour is common amongst youngsters these days.

We have a culture in the UK now, where (some) parents no longer take responsibility for their kids.

Makes you wonder what children of this age are doing, playing around ponds unsupervised anyway?

Behind every bad kid, is a worse parent!

Hi Snotty,

unfortunately at the moment I have no transport which makes it very hard to find decent waters. I try and blag my Dad into taking me once a month but its hard to persuade him as he is a non angler. I am always on the look out for locals on here that may want to help me out but there doesnt seem to be that many :schmoll: . Are you local?

mat try downloading google earth put yourself/address on the map then pull back to see what waters are near to you for walking/cycling to etc you might be supprised at whats just round the corner

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

Guest tigger
Hi Snotty,

What about Scotchmans Flash, The canal, Blackwaters, Taylor pit, River douggy+ there's loads of places within 2miles of Wigan Town centre.

I've got a lot of friends round Shevy. They're in the Plough a lot. Do you go in there at all?

hi again, not been in plough for years due to my illness, but used to play darts for them, i live on the estate cross from pub near john ball. anyway back to fishing, doint know whitch side you fished the pond faceing the soccer dome,but i went on tues about 15.30, droped in as soon as i reached the bank near some round concrete sunken posts, got one roach upto tea-time, then someone came and said some girl had been around dinner with three or four dogs letting then swim all round were i was fishing. so it was time to pack up and go home,, the place does look promiseing, had i walk round to the other end and it looks nice.

tony

Concreate posts eh? You're in the right place!!!!

I remember I caught my first fish (in that pond) on them pegs.

BUT!!!!!!!

If you stand on the concrete posts and you look at the JJB, that is the side you want to fish. 2 best pegs are by the tree and on the corner........

Do you fancy meeting up?

Guest tigger
hi again, not been in plough for years due to my illness, but used to play darts for them, i live on the estate cross from pub near john ball.

That would be Ted and Jimmy Ball's brother :)

You'll know Stey Blackburn and big Stuart i'll bet. Blackie was over here a couple of weeks back sea fishin, we had a fish a cast but they were all Doggies, whiteing and Pollock, we had a good laugh though!