what is the best pole?

sean14592

my mate just got a keenets match pro carp cadet 8metre take apart pole from Argos for £49-99.

It's not too bad, although you'll probably get better if you shop around,

Isaw on the back cover of "Anglers Mail" anadverisement for an 11metre pole from Bennetts of Sheffield (Bosfish) for about the same price.

not sure what the specifications were on that model though, although there was a few extras with it like a pole roller, and a rig or two.

IPB Image

SLAP MY FACE , AND CALL ME A "LIAR"

It was "Dragon Carp Direct" doing the offer.

check it out.....

https://prossl.co.uk/dragoncarpdirect.com/c...SP_2dD#aSSP_2dD

£49.99 & £10 postage (1p less than your budget) :D

not bad for a beginner

although you will get better if you save up a bit longer. :)

hope i helped you a little

IPB Image

Hi There,

Go on eBay and then type in pole, limit the search to sports and set the price to max £60 and condition new. Look out for eShops on there that have lots of itmes for sale.

If you want you can try and judge how much a certain pole will go for by checking completed listings and then target the pole. Give it a week or 2 to watch different poles and in the meantime visit local tackle shops for advice on elastic ratings etc. Whilst in the tackle shops discuss with the owners your needs and see if they can sort you out.

There really are a lot of poles out there and it is silly to rush in when you can wait and find the right one.............It really is worth it in the end.

• 1 month later...
Hi

I have just started fishing and have a budget of only £60. I fish carp.

What is the best pole for me?

p.s Im new to fishing lol.

Thanks

Look for a good second hand pole abouts 12mts beast master by Garbolino is very strong and you should be able to pick one up for about £60 - £80 with a couple of kits. Ideal for carp of all sizes

chris goddard has some new poles for £60.00 contact him via this forum

I know nothing about poles, but Chris would definitely do you the best deal he could. He's a soft Northern sod who would rather make £1 and make somebody from AN happy, than make £100 on eBay.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I know nothing about poles, but Chris would definitely do you the best deal he could. He's a soft Northern sod who would rather make £1 and make somebody from AN happy, than make £100 on eBay.

Blush, Blush, Fart , Fart! Why THANK you kind sir!! (I THINK?) :blink:

I have actually got a couple of poles to clear at present!! IF you want a LONGER pole? I have a 9.5M with spare top two (Now top 3!!)at £40 plus post OR an 8M with same top two at £30 Plus post. I also stock a Zebco 7M which I am selling as a Margin pole with a top 3 of carbon and the rets is put over glass. Makes for a VERY strong pole at around 6.5 meters!! And will handle most fish at that range!!

I do have other poles!! IE I have a Leeda 14.5 with three top sets retailing at £199 which i will do for £150 plus post. Anything else just ask!! :P

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))