BAIT BOAT D.I.Y

B1g-Dav3

I've come to the conclusion that the only way i'm going to get a bait boat for less than £300 is if I build my own from scratch. So over the next 3-4 months I will post my success or failure of every part from designing to building to taking it on to the water.

Any one who is intested i will post all diagrams and details on how to do this so you can follow from step to step until finally creating your own bait boat.

Its all well and good buying a bait boat and using it. But you will feel on top of the world if you built the boat which help you catch your personal best.

I'm going to start by drawing up some concept ideas and if you feel up to a chalange then draw up some of your ideas and post them.

B1g-Dav3

B1g-Dav3 just wondering whether u can send me the plans

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

The size is 17" long, 12" wide and 4" deep. I basically built it to fit in my rucksack (i hate having to carry extra crap around) It's a nice size for medium waters and has a range of 200 yds plus (not tried it any further, no need)

The cost might surprise you, only £45 to build from scratch with batteries and controller. The new version i am building is slightly larger and made from sheet aluminium so it will cost a bit more, but not too much.

Paul.

Hey, im new to this forumn but have just seen the estimate of £45?

i have researched a build project a lot recently and i can see how a basic build would be cheap but how can you cover the electronics under that price. i would love to know where! 12V batteries are nearly 20quid.

Any comments appreciated,

cheers Steve901

• 6 months later...

Hi

Does anyone have a set of plans to build a cat hulled bait boat??

I have all the radio gear, 6 channel transmitter, receiver and 4 servo's from and old R/C plane I had years that I am gonna modify for the boat frequency, all I need to get is the 2 motors, speed controllers and batteries and then build the bait boat.

I don't need or really want it to carry 2+kilos of bait as most my lakes I fish ban boilies so I use Pellets, nuts or chick peas, the most i'd put in the boat at one go is approx 500 grams.

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Ian

Thetford, Norfolk

• 6 months later...

for the last few weeks i have been building a cat bait boat the same size as the microcat

it has cost me just over 300 its not as straight forward as you might think

first of all the motors how many amps they draw ,battery size and amphours

i whent for

two mfa 550/1 motors

two viper speed esc

two inline 5 amp fuses + holders

two marx waterproof prop shafts (only because they run quiet)

two brass 3 blade 35mm props

one blackcat bait boat hull + deck

two 6volt 4.5amphour

one 2.4ghz transmitter + rx

10 leds

flame proof foam

two tubes sealant

two handels

and about 12 hours work

i put my first test on youtube its called waynes blackcat bait boat

well worth doing but my advise is to only use parts of the shelf that way fixing it will be easy :)

good luck on yours

• 1 month later...
Atfer many concept ideas I have finally drawn up what I feel will be the choosen design. Now atfer drawing it I could'nt scan it in as it was on A3 paper but I have used a simple microsoft program to recreate the drawing.

post-7998-1148054988_thumb.jpg

I would most appretiate if you could add your opinions. And i will get onto drawing up a technical drawing taking into account size of boat to size of electronics etc.

B1G-DAV3

Hello there

i am new to this page but have been building boats for people for a number of years now.

I was looking at your posts and drawing of you boat hull, looking at it i think you will need to use jets for a means of propulsion to hold the front down as the water intake is greater there because of the flat hull design. failing that may i recomend cutting out rear of the hull on the inside to allow more water to reach a prop , this way the prop does not need as mutch down thrust to contain the hulls stability.

atb chris

• 2 months later...

Hi Nicon and welcome.

I don't remember seeing any posts from the author of this topic for a couple of years so I doubt he will see your post.

I just did a google search for Bait Boat Plans and found some interesting possibilities you might want to look at.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

There are quite a few on eBay right now.

Click here for details.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 1 year later...
for the last few weeks i have been building a cat bait boat the same size as the microcat

it has cost me just over 300 its not as straight forward as you might think

first of all the motors how many amps they draw ,battery size and amphours

i whent for

two mfa 550/1 motors

two viper speed esc

two inline 5 amp fuses + holders

two marx waterproof prop shafts (only because they run quiet)

two brass 3 blade 35mm props

one blackcat bait boat hull + deck

two 6volt 4.5amphour

one 2.4ghz transmitter + rx

10 leds

flame proof foam

two tubes sealant

two handels

and about 12 hours work

i put my first test on youtube its called waynes blackcat bait boat

well worth doing but my advise is to only use parts of the shelf that way fixing it will be easy :)

good luck on yours

Hi Wayne, just got in to using bait boats, found them very useful for those 'hard to reach places' but only rented so far as can't afford a decent one. However, your video on youtube has convinced me to build my own but I have no idea where to start, this is a very old thread but hopefully you will see this and can help me to start? my email is matty_hillier05@hotmail.com and any information you could give me on the electronics and parts needed, also where to get them would be very appreciated!

Thanks

Matt