BAIT BOAT D.I.Y

B1g-Dav3

Here are a couple of pics of my home made bait boat. I've built 3 so far of different designs but this one is the best so far........

Edited by pikergonecarpin
There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've come to the conclusion that the only way i'm going to get a bait boat for less than £300 is if I build my own from scratch. So over the next 3-4 months I will post my success or failure of every part from designing to building to taking it on to the water.

Any one who is intested i will post all diagrams and details on how to do this so you can follow from step to step until finally creating your own bait boat.

Its all well and good buying a bait boat and using it. But you will feel on top of the world if you built the boat which help you catch your personal best.

I'm going to start by drawing up some concept ideas and if you feel up to a chalange then draw up some of your ideas and post them.

B1g-Dav3

I would be interested in all the details ect for making a bait boat,how's it all coming along? :)

With my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

Hi

Pikergonecarpin that boat looks good. Im in the process of design one my self and that is the sort of design im looking to make.

Is there any chance I could have a look at your designs or some more pics at different angles and how you’ve wired it?

Thanks

Rash

Hi

Pikergonecarpin that boat looks good. Im in the process of design one my self and that is the sort of design im looking to make.

Is there any chance I could have a look at your designs or some more pics at different angles and how you’ve wired it?

Thanks

Rash

Hi Rash

Here are a couple of plans i made prior to building it. The boat has changed slightly since i drew them up but not too much. I will post a couple more pics of the underside etc for you.

It was a lot cheaper to build than you may think....

Thanks

Paul (Pikergonecarpin)

Hi Rash

Here are a couple of plans i made prior to building it. The boat has changed slightly since i drew them up but not too much. I will post a couple more pics of the underside etc for you.

It was a lot cheaper to build than you may think....

Thanks

Paul (Pikergonecarpin)

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/uploads...0_126_18897.jpg

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/uploads...0_126_11698.jpg

Hi Paul

Thanks for the plans and pics (in advance :rolleyes: )

I also have a question about the electrics. Do you have to run two speed controllers to use the motors to steer?

Thanks

Rash

Hi Paul

Thanks for the plans and pics (in advance :rolleyes: )

I also have a question about the electrics. Do you have to run two speed controllers to use the motors to steer?

Thanks

Rash

Hi Rash

I didn't need 2 speed controllers (i did initially think of doing it that way too...). I used the electronics from an RC tank which is perfect as it mixes the channels to steer using 2 motors. Even better the RC tank had 5 channels for turret rotation/height and firing so i had all the extras for the hopper :D:D

I'll stick pictures on later.

Thanks

Paul.

Hi Rash

I didn't need 2 speed controllers (i did initially think of doing it that way too...). I used the electronics from an RC tank which is perfect as it mixes the channels to steer using 2 motors. Even better the RC tank had 5 channels for turret rotation/height and firing so i had all the extras for the hopper :D:D

Thanks

Paul.

Hi

An r/c tank...... now thats a good idea, i never thought of that.

Rash

As promised here are a few other pictures of my baitbaot. I am about to start work on MK4 exactly the same design but slightly larger and made entirely from aluminum sheet.

img]

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Rash

Thanks

Paul.

Hi, could you tell me what size this boat is? and how much would it cost to build..

Hi, could you tell me what size this boat is? and how much would it cost to build..

Hi

The size is 17" long, 12" wide and 4" deep. I basically built it to fit in my rucksack (i hate having to carry extra crap around) It's a nice size for medium waters and has a range of 200 yds plus (not tried it any further, no need)

The cost might surprise you, only £45 to build from scratch with batteries and controller. The new version i am building is slightly larger and made from sheet aluminium so it will cost a bit more, but not too much.

Paul.