BAIT BOAT D.I.Y

B1g-Dav3

I've come to the conclusion that the only way i'm going to get a bait boat for less than £300 is if I build my own from scratch. So over the next 3-4 months I will post my success or failure of every part from designing to building to taking it on to the water.

Any one who is intested i will post all diagrams and details on how to do this so you can follow from step to step until finally creating your own bait boat.

Its all well and good buying a bait boat and using it. But you will feel on top of the world if you built the boat which help you catch your personal best.

I'm going to start by drawing up some concept ideas and if you feel up to a chalange then draw up some of your ideas and post them.

B1g-Dav3

I was looking through this site and came across this discussion on bait boats. I don't know whether you guys have ever seen this bait boat but go take a look at www.aquacat.co.za I use one and it's AWESOME!

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have some bait boat plans and would like your opinion on them. can i pm you via this forum as new in here. want to know your opinion before i start cutting the mdf. jason

I don't think you can pm as a new member - I think you need 10 or 15 posts first (?)

HTH,

Rob.

my nephew got one of these for christmas except it does not have the canon on the top and is yellow there are a lot of variations.

Radio Control Hariot Amphibious Land and Sea Vehicle

Amphibious4.jpg

Amphibious2.jpg

it drives like a tank, left does 360 degree turn need to hold both controls up to go forward.

the wheels will retract Fully into the 4 holes you see ontop of the vehicle when you hold a button, and vice versa. retract wheels to go on water, but a few modifications when wheels are fully retracted like a tray attached to the left or right wheels and push button to extend wheels to drop the bait. got it from maplins for £40.

check this movie of it http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/movies/1DC34278.wmv

it runs very smoothly and quiet in the water as its not the wheels that make it go but 2 small propelers and also has 2 bright lights on the front for night sessions

on the plus side its a great toy just to play with :P

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

my nephew got one of these for christmas except it does not have the canon on the top and is yellow there are a lot of variations.

Radio Control Hariot Amphibious Land and Sea Vehicle

it drives like a tank, left does 360 degree turn need to hold both controls up to go forward.

the wheels will retract Fully into the 4 holes you see ontop of the vehicle when you hold a button, and vice versa. retract wheels to go on water, but a few modifications when wheels are fully retracted like a tray attached to the left or right wheels and push button to extend wheels to drop the bait. got it from maplins for £40.

check this movie of it http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/movies/1DC34278.wmv

it runs very smoothly and quiet in the water as its not the wheels that make it go but 2 small propelers and also has 2 bright lights on the front for night sessions

on the plus side its a great toy just to play with :P

Andy,

Do you know what sort of range it has ? Not much cop for a bait boat if it loses contact in 20 - 30 yards - does look neat though !

Rob (just off to maplins online :D)

Edit - Maplins no longer stock them :( , can't find them anywhere else, yet....

Edited by RobStubbs

Andy,

Do you know what sort of range it has ? Not much cop for a bait boat if it loses contact in 20 - 30 yards - does look neat though !

Rob (just off to maplins online :D)

Edit - Maplins no longer stock them :( , can't find them anywhere else, yet....

range i aint too sure about i havnt took it outdoors yet but i can get about 17ft up the hall with all anettenas not extended fully, that spike on the back is an anttena aswel so if they wree all the way up i think could get about 30ft range out of it.

they might still have some in the stores just not the website as im sure i seen it in one of them a few weeks ago

Edited by Andy_1984

He he, I'd buy one and send it over the lake to shoot BB's at the other anglers in the middle of the night, it'd scare the crap out of them !

Edited by jedibond

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

He he, I'd buy one and send it over the lake to shoot BB's at the other anglers in the middle of the night, it'd scare the crap out of them !

jedi that sounds even better than turning it into a bait boat a little evil but would be funnier than watching smoeone getting bitten by pike :clap2:

• 2 weeks later...

As my first post i start by saying ello everyone!

Been reading this post with interest!

I too am making my own boat, only problem i have is how to "tip" the hopper. Using a servo i need to devise some kind of rod or something to push the rear end of the hopper up, and also allow the hopper to return to its down position!

This is where you all come in....... do you have any idea on how i might do this?

The boat itself is a normal RC boat (hobbie) im just adding a hopper, basic but it should do what i want it to!

Any ideas would be a great help to me.

I tried to add a diagram of what im trying to explain but couldn't upload as its too large!

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

I have no idea of the design or practicalities, but can you not have a hopper that is too heavy and naturally tips ? Having a 'catch' of some sort to hold it in position and just release that catch when the boat is in position - using a servo / motor of some description ?

Rob.