BAIT BOAT D.I.Y

B1g-Dav3

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm a bit new here and I just came across this topic.

Here are 2 links to a sets of planes which were drawn up buy a couple of contacts of mine. The first ones are by Shane. He had a small site a few years back dedicated to making your own bait-boats, but, alas, like a lot of good things it came to an end. I then took the bull by the horns and knocked up a forum of sorts where people could still get the same FREE info and plans etc as Shane's old site. I acttually changed the original Word.doc plans into PDF for Shane and it is these same plans which the following link will open. Please feel free in downloading them and using them (but not to SELL on e-bay like some have). These are free and for all to use.

Shane's Bait-Boat Plans

Just one bit of info. If you fancy knocking one up in fiber glass just build the wooden structure of the model in the plans and use it to build a mould.

The second set are for a cat and although the original plans are in German I think they are easy enough to follow.

Bait-Cat Plans

Hope you find them usefull.

All the best,

Phil B)

Ply wood with silicone sealant and some kind of finish to keep the wood from going funny. Also you could gain a good weight loss if you were to make a solid model out of wood and vacuum form it.

Airguns:

Air Arms S200 .22

Cometa 5

Fishing rods and reel:

Fox 2 1/2 test carp rod + Shimano Baitrunner

Shimano Beast Master 60lb test stand up rod(5 1/2ft) + Penn international 2 speed with 30lb mono

COMING SOON: Abu #6/7 and okuma fly reel.

medaley0.jpg

Freshwater PB: 31 lb carp

Saltwater PB: 49lb tuna

• 2 months later...

Hi Phil,

i am looking at building a bait boat as i refuse to pay the prices for a ready made one. i have been trying to download your plans (shanes bait boat and bait-cat) but cant seam to. would it be possible to email them to me (david.wyatt47@ntlworld.com) so i can start building.

Many thanks

David

Hi all,

I'm a bit new here and I just came across this topic.

Here are 2 links to a sets of planes which were drawn up buy a couple of contacts of mine. The first ones are by Shane. He had a small site a few years back dedicated to making your own bait-boats, but, alas, like a lot of good things it came to an end. I then took the bull by the horns and knocked up a forum of sorts where people could still get the same FREE info and plans etc as Shane's old site. I acttually changed the original Word.doc plans into PDF for Shane and it is these same plans which the following link will open. Please feel free in downloading them and using them (but not to SELL on e-bay like some have). These are free and for all to use.

Shane's Bait-Boat Plans

Just one bit of info. If you fancy knocking one up in fiber glass just build the wooden structure of the model in the plans and use it to build a mould.

The second set are for a cat and although the original plans are in German I think they are easy enough to follow.

Bait-Cat Plans

Hope you find them usefull.

All the best,

Phil B)

Thanks for that not sure why i couldnt open them last time.

have you got ne more info on sizes of hopper sides & middle etc and how the hopper relase mech works?

if you take some more pic's of the boat etc from all angles will help greatly.

i have started the build shanes bait boat not bait cat.

regrads

David

Hi Phil,

i am looking at building a bait boat as i refuse to pay the prices for a ready made one. i have been trying to download your plans (shanes bait boat and bait-cat) but cant seam to. would it be possible to email them to me (david.wyatt47@ntlworld.com) so i can start building.

Many thanks

David

Just bought this last week on ebay..........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=020

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Has anyone got any advice, examples, photos or ideas for the release mechanism for a dropper/hopper on a diy bait boat.

I assume most will incorporate a servo using a trap door style mechanism, but how much strain will this put on the servo?? Examples of workings would be a big help?!

I started building a cat style bait boat some time ago but hit a brick wall when it came to the release mechanism.

Any advice for a anglers.net newbie would be much appreciated!!!

Cheers

Mat :thumbs: