Fish thefts.....again!

Dick Dastardly

I do love a "whodunnit", but if it wasn't netting, electro-stunning or poison, and Bob isn't going to give us even a tiny clue, I give up. The only other thing I can think of that might be able to remove large numbers of fish is some sort of mini-tsunami...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do love a "whodunnit", but if it wasn't netting, electro-stunning or poison, and Bob isn't going to give us even a tiny clue, I give up. The only other thing I can think of that might be able to remove large numbers of fish is some sort of mini-tsunami...

it was Professor Plum with the hoover in the boatshed. :)

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I cannot understand how predator anglers are remotely responsible for buying deadbaits from a TACKLE SHOP in unmarker packets! Do your maggots come bar coded?

Anglers buying from Tackle shops expect the stock in them to be legitimate. Buying from a car boot sale, or ebay you might have a point, but a tackle shop is an official business with all that that entails.

Tim

The answer has been staring us in the face. It was a dozen bent match anglers with night-vision goggles, poles and 2 pints of pinkies each.

Failing that, quiet little stun grenades?

( p.s. would like to stress that it's only all this secrecy that needs taking the p#ss out of ;) )

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I forgot to mention the FACT that there are 3 wetsheds and all of them had aprox 90 yrds of fish scales strewn along the boardwalks, both sides!

No you certainly havnt mentioned that before Bob! (not that I recall anyway) Now I certainly wouldnt have put that down to piscavours and even though I shouldnt speak for him I doubt wether Bruno would have either.This is certainly a different kettle of fish (er or scales anyway!).The loads of scales origonaly reported is certainly not the same as you now say.

But as I said Bob (and I still stick to it) my experience with netting would still lead me to say that it wouldnt result in this many scales.But then again maybe this "mystery method" would?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Budgie , In the original "Debate" on here I clearly stated the huge amount of fish scales strewn along the entire lengths of the 3 wetsheds, I contacted the EA and spoke to Mr Rupert Pyatt based in Ipswich at great length and he was informed, as were Angling Times,,,,so it is hardly a new revelation, my photo's can confirm this alas Greg has them and I do not!!!

Returning to your original post, sometimes it is very hard to see any good coming out of a situation, but in this instance several good things have emerged IMO,

Firstly, Many anglers are now aware of the problem/possible problem and are more vigilant.

Secondly, I ,and others have heavily criticized the EA regarding the policing of our Natural venues ..and dare I say it? the EA are responding and are more pro active in this area.

Thirdly, responsible Predator anglers are aware and they will help sort it in their own way.

Lastly, The fish thieves know that we (anglers) know and are just waiting to pounce.

If the old story and current AT campaign has deterred would be fish thieves ,even on just one venue (the wetsheds?) then it was worth it.

The other big issue that has come out of this is how quickly anglers divide into separate groups and fight each other rather than the actual problem, we must all take responsibility for our natural fish stocks and we must all work together to safe guard them, it is in ALL our interests afterall.

Regards Bob.

ps; No argyll not quite!! :fish::wacko::clap:

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Bob

I've been following this latest thread and up until now have not made comment but was a contributor to the last thread on fish thefts where you deleted all your input.

I have to disagree with one point you have made and others have picked up on it as well, in the original thread you only referred to one wet shed where the fish thefts were alleged to have occured not the three that you mention now , nor did you mention the 90 yards of fish scales down each side of the sheds, what you referred to then was the vast amounts of scales left on the boardwalks without any reference to scales over any measured distance or indeed the three sheds you now say that have been affected in the way you now claim.

If you had mentioned the three sheds and the six times 90 yds of fish scales then I'm sure that there would have been a much different response from myself and others at the time and you may even have found allies to your cause from members on here

I still remain to be convinced.

I used to put fish in a keepnet, and I don't remember, even in the old 'knotted' days, that roach or bream lost that many scales.

I have drift netted for herrings, 2 1/4 miles of net, and yes, we got scales, when we scudded the nets, but that was gill netting.

I still can't see how netting, on a significant scale, can take place in sheds where boats are moored with lines going to both banks. Okay, so boats can be cast off, but if anyone tampered with my boat, or undid my knots I would know about it. Would thieves re moor boats as they had found them, especially in the dark? I don't think so!

You can increase the evidence, Bob, but I become even more sceptical, sorry.

It is possible I did not make this clear on this forum, I thought I did however!! I know I got so frustrated by some of the comments made about me /to me that I just thought B*****s and erased the bloody lot!

Without wishing to drag up even more old news, The attempt on my life occurred in October 2004 and (from memory) it was January /February 2005? anyway, I had a lot on my plate at that time and I may not have stated the facts clearly enough for some, I clearly recall informing Keith Arthur and then in turn Greg from the AT and Rupert Pyatt from the EA, anyway ,the opportunity to really press the EA has gone forever on this particular incident, at least the fish were safe this last winter and people are aware , and in a World full of crap and hassle that is a good and positive thing,

regards Bob.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]