Fish thefts.....again!

Dick Dastardly

PETER WALLER ...You and many others on here and elsewhere REFUSE to acknowledge that there has been NO plausible explanation for the huge amounts of fishscales , you state the fish just moved out of the basin into the river...are you suggesting they walked?? fish swimming from one place to another do not shed all of their scales and throw them up the bank...or do you know something I do not? stop ignoring the facts and start asking pertinent questions of the authorities, where are the otters and mink responsible??? go on show me!!! you and people like you are starting to really annoy the hell out of me, with your instant dismissal of genuinely concerned anglers like me.

As for how it was done...again many of you are speculating, and all of you are wrong. How do I know?, because an ex-fish thief and now water bailiff ...yes they do bloody exist!! has gone into documented detail ( Keith Arthur has a copy ,minus the name of the individual) and the process is simple,deadly efficient and extremely damaging, emptying a wetshed of the fish population using this process is a doddle......as history has shown.

I am an angler simply reporting a wrong doing, with no hidden agenda and I resent very much people :wallbash::nono::angry: besmirching my honest intentions.... to seek the truth and stop it happening again....that is all!!!

I did not raise this again on here, but I will not stay silent when I read others trying to belittle my honest efforts on this or any other forum.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha! An admission of guilt!

It's a fair cop! I'll come quietly... :)

But from what Bob has just said it sounds more like a poison job, if anything.

I hasten to add I actually know zip about boat sheds, let alone nicking fish - just wondering out loud what method might have been used.

Incidentally, what's the layout of this boatshed? Size, walkways, moored craft, lights on, residents, etc etc??? For us who are just reading this debate it's hard to get a picture of how thieves/mink would go about their business.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Why is it necessary to be so secretive about the method used? Obviously, nobody wants to give potential fish thieves ideas, but surely it wasn't so innovative that it wouldn't already have occurred to anyone determined to carry out that sort of activity? If it wasn't netting or electro-stunning, was some sort of poison used (a method I believe some Amazonian tribes employ to great effect)?

Perhaps it's this secrecy that's preventing some people from believing you, Bob?

Bob, this thread (as I understood it) was to comment on how AT were reporting the alleged incident.

Ok, it turned into the usual argument about different types of angling but that was sadly inevitable.

Back to the AT article. As I have stated I can only comment on the posts on FM, and the AT staff themselves, state that they have no proof of the allegations, and they were reporting on "circumstantial concerns" of a few readers.

I for one, having tangled with you before, am in no doubt of your passionate belief, that theft on a large scale has occurred. But where is the proof to silence the detractors? I can't remember you posting photos of the incident in the boat sheds at Potter Heigham. If you did then I apologise, and ask if you could post them again. That would at least give some solid evidence as to the scale of the matter.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I suppose it was inevitable that we would cross swords again on this subject Bob but as John points out it was really AT's handling of it that I was discussing/questioning.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Bob, this thread (as I understood it) was to comment on how AT were reporting the alleged incident.

Ok, it turned into the usual argument about different types of angling but that was sadly inevitable.

Back to the AT article. As I have stated I can only comment on the posts on FM, and the AT staff themselves, state that they have no proof of the allegations, and they were reporting on "circumstantial concerns" of a few readers.

I for one, having tangled with you before, am in no doubt of your passionate belief, that theft on a large scale has occurred. But where is the proof to silence the detractors? I can't remember you posting photos of the incident in the boat sheds at Potter Heigham. If you did then I apologise, and ask if you could post them again. That would at least give some solid evidence as to the scale of the matter

John

John, I do not have photo's of the inside of the wetsheds with all of the many thousands of fish scales I took because it was my son's digital camera and after his mate burned them onto a CD ,my son erased them!

But! I sent the CD to Greg Whitehead of Angling Times by recorded delivery (at my own expense) So Greg is in possession of them, AT have only ever published the shots I took of the outside of the wetsheds, including in the recent article offering £10,000 , I did not even receive a thankyou for my efforts and had to phone Greg to make sure he received them, When myself and Greg were at each others throats I questioned him why AT didn't publish the fish scale photo's I so painstakingly took...his answer was "they will mean nothing to our readers!"

The Potter Heigham wetsheds are approx 90 yards by 30 yards with open ends and an access point mid way along each side, they are approx 4/5 ft deep with a domed roof and in the winter boats are moored inside sometimes you can walk across them from one side to the other. so netting is impossible, poison was not used, I cannot and will not divulge how to steal fish from these wetsheds in huge quantity's for obvious reason's, but the manner in which they were stolen (I am expertly informed) always leaves the tell-tale fish scales found.

My two penneth on Budgie's original post;

I cannot understand why AT left it so long to really go after this story. IMO it is 18 months too late, if they were serious they should have pressed the EA into explaining this event properly,instead a lazy phone call and a lame excuse was all the readers got, THAT is why I exploded with rage with Greg and AT , I felt I had totally wasted my time and effort ...but as stated earlier in fairness to AT even the lame story they produced has helped in deterring a repeat ( thus far) .

I do not believe AT are going after Predator anglers, but they do feel some are culpable, if only because they purchase unmarked freshwater deads without questioning their origin, so too are the shops that sell them, I fully appreciate the thoughts on another site by a copper that it is "hardly worth the monetary gain" but if you are on the dole and can earn several hundred quid for not a lot of effort and still get a lie-in, it will attract some odious individuals.

To sum up, the EA have been next to useless and I do not trust them,

AT have limited resources and are trying to sell papers (quite how by alienating Predator anglers is puzzling though) and I do not trust them either.

I will continue to keep an eye on this and if I find (now I know what I am looking for) anything , rest assured I will expose those responsible, at the end of the day we are all anglers and this sorry episode has taught me one valuable lesson, it will be ANGLERS that stop this, the rest cannot be trusted ,regards Bob.

ps, I forgot to mention the FACT that there are 3 wetsheds and all of them had aprox 90 yrds of fish scales strewn along the boardwalks, both sides! now that is a hell of a lot of fish and it was carried out over several nights IMO.

Edited by Bob Bradford

Guest Brumagem Phil

Bob, you're like a stuck record mate!

Tell you what, I'll organise a whip round, I'm sure all the AN members will give generously to your "restock my boat basin with roach" fund, if only to shut you up! :)

(meant genuinely tongue in cheek by the way)

Bob, you're like a stuck record mate!

Tell you what, I'll organise a whip round, I'm sure all the AN members will give generously to your "restock my boat basin with roach" fund, if only to shut you up! :)

(meant genuinely tongue in cheek by the way)

Yeah you are correct it is all very tedious and non of us need it! But! until some-one shows me proof of the official explanation (mink and otters in case you have already forgotten, lol) My explanation is the only plausible answer to a simple question..."Where are the fish and why are there so many fish scales strewn on the boardwalks?" it wasn't answered 18 months ago and remains unanswered to this day, anyway , I am off to pump some Iron on my multi gym and release my pent up aggression, so you will get some relief from that little bit of info :lol:

Guest Brumagem Phil
Yeah you are correct it is all very tedious and non of us need it! But! until some-one shows me proof of the official explanation (mink and otters in case you have already forgotten, lol) My explanation is the only plausible answer to a simple question..."Where are the fish and why are there so many fish scales strewn on the boardwalks?" it wasn't answered 18 months ago and remains unanswered to this day, anyway , I am off to pump some Iron on my multi gym and release my pent up aggression, so you will get some relief from that little bit of info :lol:

Enjoy your work out Bob.......and glad you took my post in the spirit it was intended. :)

There was a Red Bull spillage and all the fish sprouted wings. In the mass confusion at their new found ability they all rushed to fly away and rubbed against each other thus shedding lots of scales.

Plausible??

No??

Oh ok then :(