Buzzers - fat or thin ?

JustOneLastCast

Thanks Chris for the link. Looks an interesting site :)

hi mate send me your email address then i can sort you out with buzzers. i can't get a pm to you

cheers

gus

hi mate send me your email address then i can sort you out with buzzers. i can't get a pm to you

cheers

gus

cheers

gus

Thanks Gus for your offer of help - much appreciated.

Until I've made 15 posts I don't seem to be able to find your e-mail address and that's also why you can't send me a PM.

I think this is my 14th post so I'll soon make the 15th and then I'm allowed in to all/some of the secrets ;) Then I'll be in touch. :thumbs:

Cheers.

Guest Complete Fisher

As far as buzzers go, I would suggest opting for thin buzzers over fat buzzers - no competition in my eyes.

The most successful buzzers I've used (and continue to use) have only one layer of thread on the body (along with a thin flat rib) and don't have too many coats of varnish.

Whilst I don't think that thinness (or fatness for that matter) is a real issue, a buzzer with less weight will spend more time dropping through the water (i.e as it doesn't sink like a stone it doesn't end up more or less vertical instantly) so this is an added bonus.

Slim buzzers are the way forward.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
As far as buzzers go, I would suggest opting for thin buzzers over fat buzzers - no competition in my eyes.

The most successful buzzers I've used (and continue to use) have only one layer of thread on the body (along with a thin flat rib) and don't have too many coats of varnish.

Whilst I don't think that thinness (or fatness for that matter) is a real issue, a buzzer with less weight will spend more time dropping through the water (i.e as it doesn't sink like a stone it doesn't end up more or less vertical instantly) so this is an added bonus.

Slim buzzers are the way forward.

Chris

Your dressings should ALWAYS be slim, NEVER buy another Shipmans buzzer until you have had the rare and privileged opportunity to look at a real Shipmans buzzer, that means one from Daves Fly Box. He does give talks to various Guilds etc, seek him out and attend one of his lectures, THEN you can go fishing.

• 2 weeks later...

I,m back, PM me and I,ll try and get some off to anyone that wants a sample or 2, I,m ot a pro tier so I take some time to tie and send so please be patient, after all its the middle of the season!! jim