Fishing in Sweden

steve williams

• 2 weeks later...

I don't recall anybody mentioning Sweden and unfortunatly, a search of the site doesn't show much up. Sorry

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...highlite=sweden

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Very interesting post from JanO,

I looked at the web link,luckily I can speak and read Swedish.What is interesting is that they,the club are introducing Crayfish into the lake,where as here in GB.we just consider them a pest to be got rid of. ;)

Well its a coarse fishing trip so the main targets will be the bream, ide, tench and roach. May do a bit of spinning for the pike / zander also. Bob Nudd stayed at the cottage a few years back & the reports are he caught well on both the lakes and the river that runs through saafle (well he would being world champ) - lots of ide from the river.

Jim - Saafle is located in Varmland, did you fish at Vastervik ?

Jan - Pers House is located at Signebyn right on the lake there (hope the mozzies aren't bad !)

All your help appreciated

Well its a coarse fishing trip so the main targets will be the bream, ide, tench and roach. May do a bit of spinning for the pike / zander also. Bob Nudd stayed at the cottage a few years back & the reports are he caught well on both the lakes and the river that runs through saafle (well he would being world champ) - lots of ide from the river.

Jim - Saafle is located in Varmland, did you fish at Vastervik ?

Jan - Pers House is located at Signebyn right on the lake there (hope the mozzies aren't bad !)

All your help appreciated

Sorry Steve, im no expert on Säffle, Im located near stockholm, a long way from Värmland. The ony knowledge I have is the one above, but, i´ll try some of my friends, maybe i´ll get lucky. When are you leaving?

I have fished in Karlstad, which isn't too far from Saffle (I think)....gimme a pm if you want . It was very good for all species asnd especially crucians ! Anglers world....they were good on price i have to say but very poor on info...the "map" they gave us looked as if a 10 yr old had drawn it with practically no other info. Maybe they are better now. Keith