"Switch" rod now available in the UK.

Beulah

First stocks of the Beulah " Switch" rod have now arrived in the UK.

Be one of the first to own one.

This rod has been described as “the most versatile rod on the planet”.

The rod is the result of 1000’s of hours of development by Bob Meiser on the West Coast of America.

Bob is most famouse for his range of hand built rods, and in association with Beulah has developed this rod to give you that hand built quality and finish at affordable prices.

For full details of this rod visit: www.beulahusa.com.

Had a quick look at the website. I can't really see this catching on over here although they are very popular in the States. IMO they are just a compromise and don't do anything particularly well.

If I want a Spey rod I would want a longer one and if I want a single hander I would want a lighter one. I can roll cast a standard type trout rod well enough where the back cast is a problem and don't see any advantage in trying to spey cast with a lightweight double hander.

Of course, if they want to give me one to try out.... :)

I don't know what the connection to Bob Meiser is, he does make some very good rods by all accounts and is using some very interesting new blanks fron New Zealand, one of which I am going to try for my next project

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Hi Sportsman

Thank you for visiting our site.

We already shipped a number of rods to Scotland and they have been well received.

Drop me a line we may be able to sort out a test?

Our connection with Bob Meiser is simple, he is based in Beulha country in Medford on the West Coast of America.

Bob and our founder Chic Parsons share a love of fishing and have been working on development of the switch rod for some time.

We also do a large amount of development work with Bob on the blanks.

Regards

Hi Sportsman

Thank you for visiting our site.

We already shipped a number of rods to Scotland and they have been well received.

Drop me a line we may be able to sort out a test?

Our connection with Bob Meiser is simple, he is based in Beulha country in Medford on the West Coast of America.

Bob and our founder Chic Parsons share a love of fishing and have been working on development of the switch rod for some time.

We also do a large amount of development work with Bob on the blanks.

Regards

Thanks Beulah, I would love to take you up on that test, who knows, you may have a convert :)

I didn't mean to be dismissive of your rods, it's a new concept here (or if it isn't I'm even further out of touch than I thought :lol: ) My hobby, apart from fishing, is building rods and I have been reading aboout Bob meiser and switch rods on the rodbuilders Forum.

It could be that a light 10'6" Spey caster could work well on rivers like my local Dee at summertime levels.

Do you make your own blanks or source them, and have you tried the CTS blank from New Zealand?

I know Bob Meiser has been involved with the development of their two handed blank.

I have put in a link to your website

http://www.beulahusa.com/

Nice site by the way :)

Edited by Sportsman

Thanks for your response sportsman.

The Switch rod is a new concept it may take a while to catch on in the UK.

E mail me your contact details and contact number to uksales@beulahusa.com and we will make some arrangements for you to try the rod.

We have spent a lot of time and money on developing our range of blanks and Bob has been invaliable.

We stock a full range of blanks in the USA, we can ship some across if thats of interest.

I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Regards

Thanks for your response sportsman.

The Switch rod is a new concept it may take a while to catch on in the UK.

E mail me your contact details and contact number to uksales@beulahusa.com and we will make some arrangements for you to try the rod.

We have spent a lot of time and money on developing our range of blanks and Bob has been invaliable.

We stock a full range of blanks in the USA, we can ship some across if thats of interest.

I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Regards

Thanks for that.

I will look forward to seeing it. I have a particular interest in 2 handed blanks, particularly 15' for a 10 wt.

Regards

Dave Olley (Sportsman)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for that.

I will look forward to seeing it. I have a particular interest in 2 handed blanks, particularly 15' for a 10 wt.

Regards

Dave Olley (Sportsman)

Hi Sportsman,

Bob Meiser here,

The switch rods are actually very diverse angling tools <> It may be of interest for you to search "switch rods" or "Meiser" on www.speypages.com.

there you will find many pages of info on switch rods from anglers world wide that use them in both fresh and salt waters, and share info on lines to best marry to them in their various fishing enviornments.

Actually, they are really not a new concept at all...As the grip configuration and blank tapers allowing both single/two handed fly delivery pre-dates composites by many decades.

We have simply taken the concept to a far broader spectrum of applications with new tube materials...

... Primarily delivering short belly shooting head line systems <> Allowing single hand double haul, single hand spey, two hand over head, and two hand spey presentations.

They are really fun rods to fish, and when married to the correct line systems are lethaly effective.

Two handed distances acheived with them can be amazing <> Best utilizing very compact Scando style low hand/underhand power spey deliveries.

Best to ya <> Bob Meiser

Hi Sportsman,

Bob Meiser here,

The switch rods are actually very diverse angling tools <> It may be of interest for you to search "switch rods" or "Meiser" on www.speypages.com.

there you will find many pages of info on switch rods from anglers world wide that use them in both fresh and salt waters, and share info on lines to best marry to them in their various fishing enviornments.

Actually, they are really not a new concept at all...As the grip configuration and blank tapers allowing both single/two handed fly delivery pre-dates composites by many decades.

We have simply taken the concept to a far broader spectrum of applications with new tube materials...

... Primarily delivering short belly shooting head line systems <> Allowing single hand double haul, single hand spey, two hand over head, and two hand spey presentations.

They are really fun rods to fish, and when married to the correct line systems are lethaly effective.

Two handed distances acheived with them can be amazing <> Best utilizing very compact Scando style low hand/underhand power spey deliveries.

Best to ya <> Bob Meiser

Hi Bob

Nice to "talk" to you

I have been onto your site many times, via rodbuilding.org and am a great admirer of the rods you make.

I would seriously like to try a switch rod, I can see how they would be suited to a shooting head system.

Living where I live on upper Deeside in Scotland, salmon fishers up here are very traditional,two handed Spey with 15' 10/11 wt rods. I discussed the switch rod concept with a friend of mine who is a professional ghillie up here and he didn't seem too enthused, but then again he thinks a 14' rod is a bit short :)

I have been offered a rod to try and would love to take advantage of the offer but I am off to Qatar for a month or so from next week so if the offer is still open I will contact Beulah when I get back

Regards

Dave Olley

Totally understood Sportsman,

Swith rods are "niche" no doubt, but they grow on ya...};^)...!!!

... And James at Beulah will fix you up no doubt if ever inerested in going that route.

The referal to Spey pages was more for educational purposes about the swtich rod family.

I do build lots of big sticks as well...Gordon Armstrong has one of my 14' 9/10s and he calls it his "favorite wee rod".

You Scots have a wonderful history of two handed fly fishing tools.

...Us Yanks are just now begining to appreciate how diverse, and delightful these tools really are for fishing, ans it's always a joy to have the opportunity to spend time with superb casters like Gordon and James Chalmers.

Your Carron and Clan rods are superb.

Good on ya...And good fishing <> Bob Meiser

Hi Bob

Nice to "talk" to you

I have been onto your site many times, via rodbuilding.org and am a great admirer of the rods you make.

I would seriously like to try a switch rod, I can see how they would be suited to a shooting head system.

Living where I live on upper Deeside in Scotland, salmon fishers up here are very traditional,two handed Spey with 15' 10/11 wt rods. I discussed the switch rod concept with a friend of mine who is a professional ghillie up here and he didn't seem too enthused, but then again he thinks a 14' rod is a bit short :)

I have been offered a rod to try and would love to take advantage of the offer but I am off to Qatar for a month or so from next week so if the offer is still open I will contact Beulah when I get back

Regards

Dave Olley

Totally understood Sportsman,

Swith rods are "niche" no doubt, but they grow on ya...};^)...!!!

... And James at Beulah will fix you up no doubt if ever inerested in going that route.

The referal to Spey pages was more for educational purposes about the swtich rod family.

I do build lots of big sticks as well...Gordon Armstrong has one of my 14' 9/10s and he calls it his "favorite wee rod".

You Scots have a wonderful history of two handed fly fishing tools.

...Us Yanks are just now begining to appreciate how diverse, and delightful these tools really are for fishing, ans it's always a joy to have the opportunity to spend time with superb casters like Gordon and James Chalmers.

Your Carron and Clan rods are superb.

Good on ya...And good fishing <> Bob Meiser

Thanks Bob

I will contact James at Beulah when I am back in country.

I am also rather interested in those good looking blanks from New Zealand :)

Regards

Dave Olley

Edited by Sportsman