Wingham Catch Report

Steve Burke

The fishing conditions are not good, especially as the surface water temperature has dropped fron 66.3F to 61.9F in just 2 days, It's been very windy and mainly cloudy with a few spells of sunshine and the odd spot of rain.

Until late afternoon all that had been caught was quite a number of pike, including several doubles to 15lbs. However, a few fish started feeding early evening. Up to 7.30pm the following had been caught:

Jedibond: a personal best tench of 8-02

Jigotai: a personal best tench of 8-00

Anderoo: a personal best perch of 3-03, plus another of 2-13

Leon: a perch of about 10ozs.

However, it looks as though a feeding spell had just started as we left for home, so here's hoping.......

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well fed and having the time of our lives. The lakes are awesome as are the Burkes as hosts.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Very well fed and having the time of our lives. The lakes are awesome as are the Burkes as hosts.

trust all is welll...have fun to you both

xx judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Guest Jan V
trust all is welll...have fun to you both

xx judy

Having a great time, Judy. Spent a wonderful day in Canterbury with Den and Hazel Darkin. Very windy but enjoyed every second including my first proper fish and chips. Spent limited time at Wingham afterwards but met some wonderful people: Ferret, Yas, Medwaygreen, the Burgess brothers, Leon and Old Coger. Many to follow tomorrow. No fish caught but must visiting. Tomorrow is another day.

PS: got what you suggested at Boots and am ready for Amble. Thanks. xxxx

Here's my PB Tench :-

:yeah::yeah::yeah:

Forgot to add, all 8lb 2oz of it !

Got more pics to post but I'm off to a family do tonight :angry:

Just wish I could've stayed at Wingham.................................

post-5305-1148140123_thumb.jpg

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

have fun ,had hoped to pop in unanounced (probably best as "no" usually hurts :rolleyes: ) but both cars off road at moment ,espace awaiting MOT and golf has just lost one of its CV boots ,too far on the honda90 (and no spare wheel) so bid you all a great time :thumbs:

i hope the weather improves that rain defacit has made itself up here in the last two day.i had to open a sluice on the pond to let some out :(

first time i have heard anyone describe canterbury with "wonderfull" and "day" in the same sentence as theres nothing to go to the town for (i couldnt even find a battery for my camera) but perhaps the company of the Darkin's made the difference ;):D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Having a great time, Judy. Spent a wonderful day in Canterbury with Den and Hazel Darkin. Very windy but enjoyed every second including my first proper fish and chips. Spent limited time at Wingham afterwards but met some wonderful people: Ferret, Yas, Medwaygreen, the Burgess brothers, Leon and Old Coger. Many to follow tomorrow. No fish caught but must visiting. Tomorrow is another day.

PS: got what you suggested at Boots and am ready for Amble. Thanks. xxxx

HARUMPH!!! Sorry to dissapoint you Jan!! BUt you had "FISH and CHIPS" today!!! You have NOT had PROPER fish and chips till you have had them from YORKSHIRE in NEWSPAPER!! And the fish HAS to be Haddock, NO skin and deffo NO BONES!!!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

But glad to see you BOTH got here ok and are well!!! (Isn't Den a LITTLE treasure!!)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))