Wingham Catch Report

Steve Burke

HARUMPH!!! Sorry to dissapoint you Jan!! BUt you had "FISH and CHIPS" today!!! You have NOT had PROPER fish and chips till you have had them from YORKSHIRE in NEWSPAPER!! And the fish HAS to be Haddock, NO skin and deffo NO BONES!!!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

But glad to see you BOTH got here ok and are well!!! (Isn't Den a LITTLE treasure!!)

Don't forget the Yorkshire Pudding Chris, I bet it wasn't a big one, and eaten separately, before the main course, in true old Yorkshire fashion. ;) Mind you, even eateries in Yorkshire don't do it now. <_<

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have NOT had PROPER fish and chips till you have had them from YORKSHIRE in NEWSPAPER!! And the fish HAS to be Haddock, NO skin and deffo NO BONES!!!!!

And preferably fried in beef dripping, not namby-pamby sunflower oil. :)

i haven't had decent fish and chips since i left yorkshire, it's one of the reasons i miss the place so much :(

the yorkshie pudding isn't such a problem, as i make the best puddings around

Just had a text from Andy - Budgie has just broken a pb, but you will have to wait till he posts to tell you what it was and how big it was... sounds like its going great!
Can you PM me with the details - I'll leave it to Budgie to tell the tale?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

nice fish, when did wingham fish in start?

Yesterday, finishes tomorrow.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Had a phone call from Meatballs early this evening who has had a tench of 9-13, a personal best and a new lake record! He also had a 6lb+ tench.

Between leaving yesterday evening and lunchtime today there's the following to be added to my first post:

Lots of pike, including more doubles.

Cliff 63 - 2½ lb eel

Budgie - tench of 7-13

Chris Mc - personal best tench of 8-02

Jedibond - another tench of 7-00

John Block - 3 eels 1½, 3 and 4+lbs

Jigotai - another tench of 7-12 and a 3-08 eel

Anderoo - another personal best perch of 3-05

We had a very interesting lure fishing demonstration after the BBQ by Newt and Vidar. Despite the blustery showers and some 20 anglers crowding into the swim Newt had 2 follows to a surface-fished buzzbait but unfortunately the pike didn't take.

I'm determined that Newt and Jan catch at Wingham so we're going to have a quiet couple of hours on the Carp Lake before the BBQ tomorrow.

Newt was giving us a demo on lure fishing, when this happened....

pikestrike.jpg

We all jumped!!!!!!!!! :)

Den (I blanked )

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Just a quick report after my morning walk around the lake.... I live within half a mile of it :)

The wind has eased and it is noticeably warmer today. Lots of reports of fish movement/rolling in the early hours and some very happy grinning anglers spoken to!

I wont go into details as Steve will no doubt post soon but suffice it to say the Bream have put in an appearance :whistling:

Regards DaveL