Wingham Catch Report

Steve Burke

Move over Alex Ferguson, all hail Steve Burke and the new theatre of dreams that is Wingham ! :notworthy:

I wish I'd got in earlier as my exploits aren't quite as impressive as the three wisemen, but as said by all a huge thanks to Steve, Peggy, Glyn and Terry ( or Barbie and Ken as I like to think of them now in Glyns pink jeep :wub: ).

I was lucky enough to pick up 3 gorgeous golden syrup coloured, fin perfect Wingham Tench, topped off by a new PB of 7lb 12oz in the picture. Thanks DaveL for dropping by at just the right moment.

Can't wait for next year !

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PB712Tench.jpgHopefully I've added the picture this time.

Nice one, Nic. What a monster!

I was just looking outside and wondering if you were thinking the same as me right now....the weather has turned the evening into a cracking fishing one and, had we known, we'd have slipped down the lake!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

What can I say except :yeah: . I am still coming down from cloud nine. any tench is great but a lake record is just phenominal.

Wingham is such a lovely, magical place which just mesmorizes me and I suspect all who go there. It would not be that without the tireless work by Steve and the gang, including of course Peggy and you would just not believe the amount of work they have all put in over the last couple of months to bring the fish-in together.

Steve certainly put me on the fish with three tench on Saturday of 6.01, 9.13, 7.03, and another 7.03 on Sunday. The first three coming to maggot over PVA of deads and pellet and the fourth to worm over deads pva. Pics are below and a special thank you to who ever it was (sorry,I'm terrible with names and faces) who took the 9-13 photo, you did a great job

Here are the pics in order: Apologies for delay, I am just a dummy with computers

That was me who took the picture of the 9,13 Tench and the pleasure was all mine :) Thats the biggest tench i have ever seen in the flesh and as Tench are my favourite stillwater species it made even better.

Well done :thumbs:

Regards Paul Mc

That was one big Tench and you can see from the photo it's got some growing to do yet. Well done Meatballs, if you could PM me with those details about the Tenchfishers I'd be obliged.

Paul - sorry I didn't get to meet you and your brother. I'm from Liverpool too and a Red! Where do you normally fish?

Having only joined the forum recently and not being on the 'ground floor' so to speak , i've been following the Wingham fish-in with some interest . If by telling us all about your PB's , the terrific surroundings , great company , lovely food and amazing camaraderie you think i'm going to get jealous then i'm afraid you are absolutely CORRECT !!! :sun:

Has the list for next year started yet because i really really really really want to join the party..........

Am i coming across desperate enough yet ? :huh:

Having only joined the forum recently and not being on the 'ground floor' so to speak , i've been following the Wingham fish-in with some interest . If by telling us all about your PB's , the terrific surroundings , great company , lovely food and amazing camaraderie you think i'm going to get jealous then i'm afraid you are absolutely CORRECT !!! :sun:

Has the list for next year started yet because i really really really really want to join the party..........

Am i coming across desperate enough yet ? :huh:

Don't worry, I don't start taking bookings until a few weeks before each Fish-In. It's then first come, first served regardless of how long you've been a Forum member. In fact, priority is given to those who haven't been before.

The dates are in my signature below, so look out on the Forum for an announcement saying that I'm taking bookings.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I'm waiting to see the picture too, having only seen it on Meatballs camera. For comparison, here's a picture of my 5lb 9oz Wingham Tench, plus a couple of shots of the lake.

Am I right that Andrews near 7 pounder is a male ? Makes me wonder how big the females may be !

post-6504-1148551129_thumb.jpg