When fishing Tope, what is a good size?

adambroadley

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They go mental for live mackerel and live small black bream. If not then mackerel fillet, or in some areas, sections of common eel.

is there any other advice a starting out tope fishereman could have? if so, could you tell me?

Regards--Adam

:fishing:

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers

is there any other advice a starting out tope fishereman could have? if so, could you tell me?

Regards--Adam

:fishing:

Groundbait and plenty of it.

Mashed up makerel, sandeel, herring, pilchard whatever oily fish you can get. Get hold of some fishmeal (herring meal is good) and add some cod liver oil (£10 gallon farm or horse store) use some in an onion sack on the surface to keep the mekerel interested and get some down to the bottom with a bait dropper or the old plastic bag method.

As stated earlier livebaits work well as long as they are not to big, use just enough weight to keep the livebait on or near the bottom. If using deadbait go for half makerel (head end) cut at an angle with guts. Use tail half for groundbait.

If you are in an area that produces from eel section do a search on the best method to use. We dont use it here in west wales as it does not produce very well.

Best of luck, hope you get into them.

GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I