What is the biggest cod you have EVER caught?

adambroadley

Lots of fish  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like catcching best?

• mackerel
    • cod
    • tope
    • bass
    • whiting

hi, :clap:

Nows your chance to show off how big your biggest cod you have ever caught is...

whether its just 3lbs or 30lbs just have your say. My biggest is an 8 pounder off Kettleness (near Whitby)

well what are your biggest?........

:fish::fishing1::fishing::boat::sun:

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 years ago I had two cod of 32lb on sucessive drops, over a wreck from brighton, on whole large cuttlefish bait. Since then I have not had one over 15lbs.

Biggest cod was also an 8lber.......taken from Robin Hoods Bay(also near whitby)

As much as i enjoy catching, and eating, cod, I actually voted for bass as my favourite fish to catch. I havent caught many living up here in the North but the 1-2lb schoolies I caught really fought even on my fairly stiff rock rod. I bet a big fish is really good sport.

All the cod I have had, and there havent been a great deal of them :P, have just lied there like a sack of potatoes as I reeled them in

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

18lb cod my biggest on a rod ,caught, on ground from big cods boat off Whitby.

When I was a trammel netter 2 -3 and a half stoners about 250 yards off marine drive Scarborough,both full of roe feb. 89.

Had one just over 56lb on a long line, best on me rod was 28 lb from the Rough Towers area off Harwich.

Once many years ago I took a new club member to a secret shore mark to try and catch his first shore caught cod, showed him where to cast, ten minuets later gaffed a 23lber for him, I was only a tiny bit jealous.

I fish to live and live to fish.

6. Any fish that swims.

As for Cod, my biggest rod caught one is a 13lber out of the Holy Loch in the mid 80ies. Though I did help remove a 56lber from a gill net in Loch Long about 8 years earlier

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

:lol::lol:

Nice one Adam.

My biggest is 14.5 pounds cod from the shore between Runswick and Port Mulgrave. Ive seen 4 other doubles from exactly the same spot whilst Ive been stood there. I've also had an eight pounder from Kettlness which I think your father enjoyed with a few chips.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/images/Glenn.jpg

I love catching cod but have to admit that the 1 fish that made me physically shake was a 12 pound sea trout in the esk. It took me all of 45 mins to land it and I had to sit down for as long afterwards to calm down.

Edited by glennk

:lol::lol:

Nice one Adam.

My biggest is 14.5 pounds cod from the shore between Runswick and Port Mulgrave. Ive seen 4 other doubles from exactly the same spot whilst Ive been stood there. I've also had an eight pounder from Kettlness which I think your father enjoyed with a few chips.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/images/Glenn.jp

g

I love catching cod but have to admit that the 1 fish that made me physically shake was a 12 pound sea trout in the esk. It took me all of 45 mins to land it and I had to sit down for as long afterwards to calm down.

Glenn,

what is the biggest fish you have EVER caught?

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers