Starting carp fishing

I know of a pond that has been stocked with carp. I have noticed that other fishermen are using waggler method and maggot to try and catch these but i have never seen them catch anything. Any suggestions as to what i can do and what i need to have the chance of catching these beautiful fish?

Spend some time watching the water, work out where the fish are and cast to them. A waggler should work and can be used with baits other than maggot (sweetcorn, meat, pellet) or try a simple legered hair rig. Try and get some local advice on what works best.

With new waters a lot of it is trial and error until you find what the fish respond to. Take plenty of options with you when you plan a session but, most of all, have fun trying.

Remember, carp can be very finnicky at this time of year as most of them are at various stages in the spawning process, so you might struggle initially. Good luck trying. :)

Our chief weapon is surprise

Don't go piling in the boilies as chances are they may not have seen them before.

If they are fish bought from a fish farm then they will probably have been reared on pellets. Try halibut pellet either hair rigged or banded.

As a back up you could try sweetcorn, luncheon meat or even the good old lobworm.

Above all, as Puzzled says, have fun trying. Once you get one the effort will have been worthwhile. :)