What's a carp between friends ?

jak

Just a story to share ......... wondered if it's happened to anyone else ?

Mate and I waggler fishing a small estate lake for a few hours after work. Social fishing in adjacent swims but with a big overhanging tree between us.

Shout goes up that he's into a decent carp so I go to reel my rod in and help him (hinder him?).... only to find I'm into a fish as well. After a few minutes it becomes clear we're both playing the same fish (!) It soon becomes apparent that neither of us can get the fish in close without snagging the other one in the tree in the middle. After another minute or so, to much cursing, he pulls out and leaves me playing the fish (I always was the better angler ;) ). Despite my not inconsiderable skills :D the carp, now finding it's only fighting against one angler, takes me into a set of underwater lily pads and manages to shed the hook!!!! My turn to curse!!!

We're fairly sure he caught it first but at no time did it fight like it was foul hooked (we saw it on the surface and it was a good double).

All a bit bizarre. Another one shed the hook in the same session and we were left to speculate on what might have been.........

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one's lifespan........

Not sure what would happen if that happened to me , and my fishing buddy.

Probably turn into a fight with the catapults, and a pouchful of boilies at high velocity :D

IPB Image