Write to your MP to Save British Bass

Anglers' Net

15,000, is that the membership now Nick? I haven't seen any recent figures, they don't seem keen on publishing them. If I remember right, they wanted about 10,000 after the first year! That should have told them something they didn't want to hear.

Quite a few of us on here saw the writing on the wall when they first started, (is it 5 years now?), but sadly it wasn't the same around the angling world, I still meet up with anglers who have no idea that the ATr exists, never mind what it stands for! Mind you, I'm not sure the ATr knows what it stands for either.

John,

John, judging from their accounts for 2014, it looks as if the figure could actually be lower than that....it's difficult to tell without a release of numbers...they keep that under their hat. Judging by some of the comments on their Facebook page, they may well have a few less because of this bass debacle!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

There has been a new press release by the Truss today that I've seen on a few fora.....

Having read it I was (not really) surprised to see how toned down it was following Salter's blog rant.

No mention of bag limits but, the call for an immediate MLS increase and a reminder to get sending your letter to your MP.

I read through the AT letter template again, I'm sure it's been changed from the original....anyway, Yep, highlighted is the request for an increased MLS but no mention of bag limits. Great I thought, they've seen some sense. I just thought I'd read through the advice note to Government that they ask you to send with the letter so that your MP can fully understand what's happening outside his moated palace and,.....ah, yes, there it is, in black and white, after the bit about MLS and restrictions on commercials etc. and what it means....

"• Introducing bag limits for recreational anglers and a consideration of slot size limits to protect bigger, more fertile, trophy fish from unnecessary harvesting."

I wonder how many letters go off without that bit having been read?

I mean how subversive are they going to get?...You can bet your boots that regardless of how many letters MPs get from anglers, they're all going to get the briefing lines document asking for bag limits and possible slot limits too.

We've already seen how stupid a lot of anglers are by them signing the first petition without reading a few lines explaining what it was asking for...how many are likely to read 6 pages of parliamentary briefing?

• Like 1

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

someone else's perspective on the bass stocks. not good news for TAT or BASS but the reality is more acceptable than the bass stock falling off the cliff

Which brings us back to the bass argument . I don't know if you read it before . When i packed up commercial fishing early 2000s we had a very small summertime bass fishery . Never were there any wintertime bass caught on this part of the coast , they simply migrated through sept/ october not to return until the following april/may . What few boats are left here long line for cod , but these boats have been catching anything up to 50 stone of bass in the middle of winter. It's something no one has seen here up until the past 4-5 years . This imo is why all this talk of a bass crash is an utter crock of $hite . No one not even the scientists know whats going on . There simply hasn't been enough research done to even second guess the stocks .

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

their money ins and out is very interesting reading, wages and pension bill, just over one million, for that the rsa get one part time angling rep on their books, who's agenda first and foremost is siding up to the green orgs like the MCS for example, and woe betide anyone who disagrees with that. amazing, the exe's look interesting for comment and one that sticks out for me is 19k went to pay the EAA. Errm that anglers subscriptions going into an entity that no angler what so ever gave permission to join, be part of or have anything to do with concerning anglers, they just went and did it for whatever reason that suited themselves without consultation or informing any angler what so ever.

:bones: As I said in an earlier post, the AT don't need to consult, because they employ "experts" and they know best. As far as I know, we weren't asked to elect the hierarchy that runs the AT, they formed "a business" and took over all the independent angling organisations which are "the voice of angling", whether we are members or not, the AT "speaks for ALL anglers". :bones:

Important Information

We and our partners use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences, repeat visits and to show you personalised advertisements. By clicking “I Agree”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. However, you may visit Cookie Settings to provide a controlled consent.