PBs

Anderoo

My best to date is:

Barbel 11lb would want to beat that

Roach 2.75lb that too, but will have to be lucky.

Tench 9.25lb this too

Chub 6.50lbs Quite possible. (One evening on the Warwickshire Avon 2005 summer, my son and I had 3 chub over 6lb.)

Other fish I have caught dont really concern me as far as weight, but would love some big dace.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to up my zander PB wich is 6lb(not a fen fish tho :) ),i want a double!

and a 25+ pike would good too,to beat my PB of 20.08.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

i would like to up my zander PB wich is 6lb(not a fen fish tho :) ),i want a double!

and a 25+ pike would good too,to beat my PB of 20.08.

So a 21lbr wouldnt be any good then Mr Greedy? :P

Not been a good year for me money and health problems have seriously interfered with my fishing so no wonder I havnt caught much..........other than my new PB Bream of 15lb 13ozs at the Wingham fishing that is! :) Cant remember if I happened to mention that? :yeah: Well certainly no more than at least 20 times any way :lol::yahoo:

Well my roach PB is still safe but despite having been given the nod about a 2lbr venue right on my door step Ive not bothered so only have my self to blame.Going to ignore the grayling at Timsbury this year though and concentrate on that slow carrier (it did a 3 last year dont forget!) Same as my pityfull chub PB! Both Seph and Russ have kindly offered to help me up this on their waters but once again I just havnt got round to it.

At this time of year it is mainly Zeds and Pike that fill my thoughts.My Zed PB is perfectly safe but I would love to get a few more "back up" doubles for my list.When I caught my PB it was from a very small stretch of drain that turned up some absolute lumps for me and a few mates.I didnt quite manage 18 (17.14)like they did but consider myself extremely lucky to have been in on it when it was happening.Sadly like most "purple patchs" in predator angling the big fish (or should I say MONSTER!) are no longer there.Not to worry though.

Pike wise,well this is a strange one really. At 38.12 my Pike PB would seem initially very safe! in a way it is and in another way its not! The water that several of my +35 fish have come from has produced 40's one each to two of my mates who fish it with me (thats a bit of a give away to anyone who looks up the top 50 pike list I suppose but I cant really discuss it still!).They reckon my turn will come but despite having a better chance than most its just something I cant get my head around (despite having netted one of their fish) its just to massive for me to comprehend! I still have kittens over 20's and hopefully always will! Once again due to circumstances I dont get to fish there as much as I used to either.Dont care though as its the dream that really matters.

Not bothered attending any of the trout water pike fish ins I normally do other than one which I help out on and get free fishing.On a heavy money saving thing with this years angling in hope of getting in a local syndicate in the comming years.All goes well it will be worth it though.Most likely it will be my last ever serious big fish campaign so Im not to sad.

So PB's,well I think I would settle for just getting out a bit more like I used to!

Oh just a quick thought for all of you moaning about having only low PB,s of your favourite species, I envy you! Strange but true,its that gradual process of slowly increasing them thats all the fun in my opinion. All the time you are slowly increasing them you are left with very obtainable targets.It eventually gets to a stage when either a) Your enthusiasm wains or B) Beating them becomes nigh on impossible!

Enjoy it!

Russ to make up for teasing you I cant take you piking and the real big Zeds are no longer there but if time and everything permits how about a trip up to a river I know thats doing quite a few low double Zeds? Er once this bloody rain stops that is any way!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

hi guys,

my pb carp is 13lb mirror carp :) i will definatly beat that if it kills me...

my pb tench is 5.2 :) i would like to beat it but i will not target it

my pb roach is a mere 9 0z :) dnt mind if i beat that

my pb bream is 4lb :) i wouldnt mind beating that...

my pb rudd is a mere 1lb 2oz :) wouldnt mind beatin that

my pb eel is 3lb 5oz :) think thats safe for the min

my pb chub is 1 lb... :) i would love to beat that

i havent ever caught a barbel but i would like to

Edited by basshead07

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

hmm evey weekend and through the week if i can and bout 3-4 years but 1 year coarse fishing to be honest i need more experienced anglers to go with me and i need to go in better fisheries :(

Edited by basshead07

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

hey ya budgie

sure could help ya on that chub PB,my river does 5+6lb'ers regularly,i havent gone after them for ages tho,i should really as a 7+ is a big possibilty,hell even an 8 is possible! my PB is 5.06

a 21 would do me budgie! its just a mind thing,ya know a 25+ being a really big pike, low 20's arent to be sniffed at tho!

sounds liek you've had some incredible piking,i would dearly love to see a 30,let alone see a 40! jesus that would blow me away!

as for zeds...your PB is massive! thats a seriouss zander mate,i have seen a good mate have a 12.06 and that blew me away big time,ureal,'kin massive great zed!

PB's for me are dreams,dreams that you can make come true,but its is better to slowly increase them,keeps ya keen!

budgie,i'd be well up for some zedding mate,let me know when ya can and we shall sort it out,i want to hear some piking stories! i'll drive ya mad!....

talking of taking it slowly,i had never had a perch bigger than 1.12,i went on to a pit with a good mate, i had a 3.09,and teh next morning a 2.08,i was a happy bunny,but it didnt dampen my enthusiam to keep catching good sized perch,like 1 pound plus fish.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

hmm evey weekend and through the week if i can and bout 3-4 years but 1 year coarse fishing

Well then after just one years course fishing I reckon you are doing all right mate!

I started fishing at five years of age.Caught my first 4lb tench (that was the mark then) at 14 but didnt get one over 5 untill I was in my early 20's. I reckon that even with tench being bigger these days a 5.2 after a year is pretty good going.

A 3lb eel isnt to be sniffed at either many of my friends in the BEAC havnt had one that big and I didnt get a 3lb eel untill I was in my 20's and that was whilst carping! my first ever intentional 3lbr didnt come untill I was in my early thirties!

Keep at it and many of your present PB's will gradually just creep up without having to try to hard.You will find that it gets to a stage though that you either have to get a bit lucky or specificly concentrate on breaking one.Either way its good fun and thats worth remembering!

sounds liek you've had some incredible piking,as for zeds...your PB is massive! thats a seriouss zander mate

There are a lot of ways you can get a big PB or long string of specimens,putting in lots of time and effort,being on the right water,being a seriously gifted angler (ever noticed how some guys just seem to have that little some thing extra that you cant quite put your finger on?) or in the case of a one of monster exceedingly lucky!

With my predator fishing (well mainly Pike and Zeds anyway) I can definately tell you it was a combination.It was simply meeting the right people who took me under their wings showed me the ropes and got me on to good waters where I met other good guys who did the same! Simple as that and thankfull I am! Sure all this experience has given me lots of knowledge but I would never have got it without them.

Same for a lot of my fishing really.

Luck wise my recent new Bream PB was a bit jammy considering it was only the second time I had fished the water but I think it was deserved due to the long back up list Ive got with this species and the seasons of catching very little on other very hard big bream waters.The origonal Queenford crew reckoned I was the unluckiest guy on the water with the amount I was catching but still not getting a lump! Yep definately a bit jammy but Im not going to complain!

My PB Tench was caught intentionally but I must admit to every other fish but one that Ive caught over 8 having been caught "acidently" whilst Breaming or Carping! No great skill there.In fact on one water back in the early 80's I was getting so many good (8lb+) Tench from one gravel pit (Johnsons,Larkfeild) whilst carping it was really very "poor" angling from me not to have changed over to fishing intentionaly for them! But I had my "carp blinkers" on then.

Perch have been funny fish for me.My PB Perch was taken accidently from a trout reservoir whilst lure fishing.So a bit jammy there again but Ive also caught several 3+ fish intentionally from a variety of waters as well as one by acident whilst breaming!

Could discuss all of the species in a similar way but it would no doubt get boring! If Im pushed to say what my best PB is then it must be (IMO) my Spanish Catfish PB of 187lb.Not totally massive by todays standards and Im sure many have caught bigger.BUT for me my best as when I caught it back in the 90's it was an absolute monster! and more importantly I caught it through my own hard work and perceverance. It was on a method I had perfected,on a rod I had designed and built specificaly for the job from my favourite swim.Wasnt quite a record at the time unlike some of my previous Spanish fish but for me the ultimate PB (er so far!) My only regret is that my regular fishing partner at that time wasnt with me on that trip to be part of it.

Thats one PB I reckon I did deserve.

hi guys,

mirror is 40lb 11oz fairly safe

common is 28lb 14oz love to beat that, probably could but this Kyak fishing is taking over

tench is 9lb 4oz think I can beat this next year.

bream is 11lb 2oz. Would love to beat that when actually targeting bream

rudd is probably less than 6oz should try and beat that

eel is 7lb 6oz wish an eeel angler had caught this I didn't deserve it.

roach is about a pound and a half shouls try and beat that

perch is probably less than a pound should try and beat that aswell

barble is about 4lb only ever caught one, should try and beat that also

No cats !

No dogs either !

Crucian is 3lb 1oz

rainbow is 5lb 4oz and tasted of trout pellet.

Pike 11lb ish thats gonna be beaten this year and hopefully from a Yak

Conger 20lb + on a carp rod

turbot - about 4oz !!!

minnow 45lb 6oz !!

crabs - plenty !