PBs

Anderoo

I'm going all out to beat my current 2lb 12ozs grayling best this winter.

Paul

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a good year and have managed a few PB's including the following, Tench, Barbel, Perch and Pike. But the highlights have been fish that to me have been new species, these include Eel, Bream and my favourite, Ruffe (did'nt have a clue what it was at first). I'm now looking forward to catching my first grayling, lets hope they're feeding when we go to Timsbury.

I've had a good year and have managed a few PB's including the following, Tench, Barbel, Perch and Pike. But the highlights have been fish that to me have been new species, these include Eel, Bream and my favourite, Ruffe (did'nt have a clue what it was at first). I'm now looking forward to catching my first grayling, lets hope they're feeding when we go to Timsbury.

love teh little ruffe andy :)

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

With my predator fishing (well mainly Pike and Zeds anyway) I can definately tell you it was a combination.It was simply meeting the right people who took me under their wings showed me the ropes and got me on to good waters where I met other good guys who did the same! Simple as that and thankfull I am! Sure all this experience has given me lots of knowledge but I would never have got it without them.

i have some really good mates who know what there doing,one in particular who keeps me updated on whats happening fen wise,hes put me onto some waters i just gotta get soe bloomin transport and go fish em!

AKA RATTY

i have some really good mates who know what there doing,one in particular who keeps me updated on whats happening fen wise,hes put me onto some waters i just gotta get soe bloomin transport and go fish em!

Yup both really make the difference!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

lol damn right budgie!

one of my mates who i have been friends with for over 10 years since school days has just got a motor,hes found a new lease of life and can be bothered to get up in teh morning now!

me i'm a bit hard headed i dont care if i have to get a train,i'm going fishing!

AKA RATTY

lol damn right budgie!

one of my mates who i have been friends with for over 10 years since school days has just got a motor,hes found a new lease of life and can be bothered to get up in teh morning now!

me i'm a bit hard headed i dont care if i have to get a train,i'm going fishing!

I don't get out as often as I'd like to, but I'm up for some regular piking trips this winter, I'll supply the wheels and you can supply the pike :clap2:

Mat

Mat

Got plenty to beat and feel most will be beaten by the end of next year.

PB Zander is at 7lb 4oz, sure I can get a double soon.

PB Carp is only 16lb (trip to France next year will defo beat that)

PB Tench only 2lb 10oz, think I should be able to beat that next year.

PB Perch only 10oz, I'm very sure I can beat that.

PB Bream is 4lb 8oz, pleased with that, but reckon I can get a 6+.

PB Pike is 15lb, reckon I have a good chance of a 20 this year or next.

No doubt when they are broken, you guys will hear about it.

Dan

Well then after just one years course fishing I reckon you are doing all right mate!

I started fishing at five years of age.Caught my first 4lb tench (that was the mark then) at 14 but didnt get one over 5 untill I was in my early 20's. I reckon that even with tench being bigger these days a 5.2 after a year is pretty good going.

A 3lb eel isnt to be sniffed at either many of my friends in the BEAC havnt had one that big and I didnt get a 3lb eel untill I was in my 20's and that was whilst carping! my first ever intentional 3lbr didnt come untill I was in my early thirties!

Keep at it and many of your present PB's will gradually just creep up without having to try to hard.You will find that it gets to a stage though that you either have to get a bit lucky or specificly concentrate on breaking one.Either way its good fun and thats worth remembering!

well i beat my chub record today on breadflake its now 1.8lb :D

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

PB Chub – 5lb. Pretty safe. I know where to go for an 8lber (I lost one that size from my hand there a couple of years ago and it was the smaller of the pair) but I don’t fancy a return visit just yet.

PB Pike – 25lb. Very safe. I might crack it but I kinda doubt it.

PB Barbel - 8.5lb. Pretty safe. I’m not that bothered with them and won’t be targeting them with baits (I will be targeting them with the fly rod though) unless I turn up and the river has to much colour for lure fishing.

PB Zander – Open. Will be trying to address this one this season.

PB Perch – 2lb. I’d live to crack this one from the Severn but with no signals to feed ‘em up, a 2lb perch is a biggie from the river.

PB Mullet – 2lb. Very doable, even though I only fish for them once or twice a year.

PB Bass – 8.5lb. Like the Mullet. Possible but I only target them occasionally.

PB Barramundi – 18.5lb. Will defiantly be having a crack at actually landing a bigger one instead of having it bust me up or shed the hooks.

PB Mahseer - 27.5lb. Maybe not this year but certainly in the next year, I intend to raise this particular bar quite a bit higher.

Managed 2 barra at 60 lbs, only need to get 1 at 1.25metres and I'll be happy.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.