PBs

Anderoo

Well my best pb is chub at 6lb 9oz.

My worst must be rudd at 9oz.

Like others I'd kill for a 2lb roach (pb only 1lb 2oz). There are two problems:

1) aren't there commercial fisheries that cater for this kind of thing? Some years ago I read that at Sway Lake they net it each year and take out all the roach under 1 lb. Kind of boosts the average, though the only time I went there I'd swear the only fish I had was under 1 lb. So, do I go to Sway again? For me the answer is no. BUT I was walking round a lake on Tuesday within range of me, and several anglers assured me that in winter you had a good chance of a 2. And it was a bona fide natural lake! (I'm not being secretive - I don't mind telling anyone where it is - south of London - but it might be premature as I've never really fished it!)

2) problem number 2 is that when I catch a 2lb roach a part of me will feel I'm ready to die!

john clarke

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get out as often as I'd like to, but I'm up for some regular piking trips this winter, I'll supply the wheels and you can supply the pike :clap2:

Mat

deffo mate!

PM me when you can get out

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

• 5 years later...
Pike 15lbs probably beatable (but I don't know as I don't do much pike fishing)

Bream 10lb 10oz (never gonna beat that)

Chub 5lb 10oz (never gonna beat that)

Tench 9lb 4oz (I really want to beat this)

Perch 2lb 11.5oz (I really really want to beat this)

Barbel 10lb 11oz (I'd quite like to beat this)

Carp 22lb (not really fussed about carp)

I'm not sure how big my biggest roach is but its not bigger than 1.5lbs I'd kill to catch a 2lber.

Rich

Liar! :D

Resurrecting this old topic from 2006, it's funny how things turn out, whether planned or not. Answering my own question now, I'd say I'd love to get a bigger silver bream (PB 10oz), preferably from the Thames, a crucian over a pound (I love crucians but have never put any effort into finding big ones, which is getting harder anyway as they are now so diluted with brown goldfish), and a barbel bigger than 5lb 8oz (again, I've never done any barbel fishing, hopefully soon they'll lose their popularity a bit!).

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

... and a barbel bigger than 5lb 8oz (again, I've never done any barbel fishing, hopefully soon they'll lose their popularity a bit!).

Too late Anderoo, the otters have had the lot!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Liar! :D

Resurrecting this old topic from 2006, it's funny how things turn out, whether planned or not. Answering my own question now, I'd say I'd love to get a bigger silver bream (PB 10oz), preferably from the Thames, a crucian over a pound (I love crucians but have never put any effort into finding big ones, which is getting harder anyway as they are now so diluted with brown goldfish), and a barbel bigger than 5lb 8oz (again, I've never done any barbel fishing, hopefully soon they'll lose their popularity a bit!).

A few sessions on the right bit of the Thames next winter with bread should resolve the silver bream PB; I had four over a pound last winter there.

A few sessions on the right bit of the Thames next winter with bread should resolve the silver bream PB; I had four over a pound last winter there.

I hope so Mark, the one I had last year was such a nice surprise, I hope a few more pop up during the search for the 3lb river roach ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music