Possible Barbel fish-in

seph

I think a weekend/over night would be a good idea. Arrive Saturday morning get sorted out / fish for a few hours then have a bit of a social for the slow part of the day then fish/camp over night.

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a weekend/over night would be a good idea. Arrive Saturday morning get sorted out / fish for a few hours then have a bit of a social for the slow part of the day then fish/camp over night.

Sounds good to me :thumbs:

Sounds good :sun:

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Sound like you got the ball rolling now Seph! Just wonder can my mate can come as well? Wouldn't mind an overnighter on the River Teme

Edited by Andrew Burgess

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

No problem Andrew.

Where it will be though, I do not know yet. I am waiting for some replies from some possible venues.

I want it so we can park and camp by the river and hopefully have it to ourselves.

Paul

All the mentioned Rivers are doable for me. seriously interested. Depending on dates; work, social comittments, permission from the lovely Kay to neglect domestic duties. Doesn't life just get in the way of fishing. ;)

Also would this open to non-ANers. talking about my brother and his B-i-L. They used to be members of the Barbel Society and fished these rivers. In fact it was they who took me to the Teme to catch my first barbel. They don't get out much(that life thing again :) )It would be nice to return the favour. Well we'll see how it pans out.

I fish the Teme quite a bit and must say that I have reservations as to it being a viable option. The problem with this river is that theres an awful ot of barren water so it limits the opportunities for everyone. Also, you`ll need a long stretch of water to go at as the fish definitely don`t appreciate hordes of anglers tramping up and down the banks all day. Its a river you have to be really `sneaky` on.

wolf.gif