Whats Going on?

sam-cox

have a second hand report of an 8lb bass at hythe last week my mate has seen a picture so i think its genuine; caught on lug in the daytime apparrentely

i have seen the picture in the herald so its deffinitely true. think it was on fresh peeler though. i will deffinitely be trying soon.

always look on the bright side of life

the Mersey and the Dee areas are slow this year as well, Crabs have just started almost a month later than normal and fish are few and far between, the Dee estuary is fishing very poor indeed and this we think is down to trwlers in the area supposed to be taking around 6 tonne of flounder for pot baits further north, but other areas that should be fishing well are fishing very poorly, this time last year we had the smuts and rays around in good numbers, but we are still showing small Codling and Whiting - all very strange indeed, but this had to be the worst start tothe summer season regarding weather in many years so it must have some bearing on it all.

ive still been catching pout and whiting in my nets which i never get this time of year the mullet are about like normal. i heard from a gillnetter earlier this year from down the south coast that they had one of there best years ever for bass, dont know whats going on but there certainly has been some roker about this year in the blackwater more than other years

As I have said before the roker have mad a good recovery.

Have you had any sting rays yet Ospray?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

The larger Bass seem early in South West Scotland. 2 doubles and a 15 pounder were caught locally last week on Lugworm. They are rare fish around here

Over to the Mull this Friday for a week Ian. Freddie and I have bass plans. Do not know if the bass know about them though :headhurt:

Have you got any free time to show me that "Zappire" wreck mark?

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Very grim, apart from the good old thornies.

If the wheather lets I out after tope with my mate Mat Friday sunday and monday, so fingers crossed.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!