Scam ?

MrWiggly

Received this today by EMail ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear dannyinstructor

It appears that a third party gained access to your eBay account and used it without your authorisation. The email address on your account may have been changed, so you may not have received any emails regarding this activity.

We have taken steps to secure your eBay account, including changing your password and placing a temporary restriction on your account. Any unauthorised activity has been cancelled and any associated fees have been credited to your account. We assure you that your credit card and bank details are stored on a secure server and cannot be viewed by anyone.

Your account is currently blocked from listing and bidding on items, and from sending email through Ask Seller a Question or Contact eBay member. To restore full access to your account, please follow the instructions in this email.

Here's what you should do now:

1) Choose a new eBay password

2) Change the password for your email account

3) Reply directly to this email to have the restriction lifted

Please note that you need to complete all of these steps before we can lift the restriction on your account. We recommend that you print out this email as a reference in case you have further questions.

1) Choose a new eBay password

We have changed your eBay password and Secret Question (password hint question) to something random. Here's how to choose a new password:

1. Go to the eBay homepage and click on "My eBay".

2. Click on "Forgot your password?" on the sign-in page.

3. Answer just one of the questions from your contact information (such as your postcode or Date of Birth) as we have changed your Secret Question.

4. Check your email for the "Forgotten Password" email.

5. Copy the link in this email into the address bar of a new browser window. Do not click on the link.

6. Enter and confirm your new password.

Once you have created a new eBay password, please change your Secret Question and check that your eBay registration information is correct. You can do this in My eBay, under "Personal Information".

Tips for secure passwords:

Choose a completely new password, preferably a random combination of letters and numbers. This password should be different to all of your other online passwords.

Never give your password to anyone else. eBay will not ask you for your password or credit card details in any communication.

If you used your old eBay password for other services such as PayPal or online banking, you should choose a new password for those accounts as well.

2) Change the password for your email account

Change the password on your personal EMAIL account to verify that it is secure and cannot be accessed by anyone other than you. This is the password you use to access your email account and read your emails. You may need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance.

3) Reply to this email to have the restriction lifted

Once you have chosen a new eBay password and secured your email account, please contact us to have the restriction on your account lifted so that you can continue using your eBay account as normal. To do this, simply respond directly to this message using the "Reply" function of your email program.

We need your response to lift the restriction on your account. We will reply to you by email as soon as possible after we have received your response.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

eBay International AG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sender is listed as ... ukrswebhelp@ebay.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My EBay account works fine as far as I can see, and it accepts my normal passwords. The password has not be changed by EBay.

Scam ???? Any ideas ?????

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Guest Ferret1959

Have you had a message on your 'My Ebay' page?

If not ignore the email.

Do NOT click on ANY links contained in the email, you will get directed to an iffy site.:(

Send it to spoof@ebay.co.uk and change your password ANYWAY but as Ferret says don't use ANY links in the message!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

ignore everything ,life is a spoof

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I hope that you didn't log in via the links contained within the email?

That is how they get your details :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

This scam reported to Spoof @EBay ...

No reply to EMail.

No links clicked in EMail.

No shortcuts placed in browser.

No actions whatsoever apart from reporting to Spoof/EBay.

Keep your eyes open lads ............... :blink::angry::blink::angry:

Wiggly.

The Older I get .. The better I was.

I actually got this very same email the other day. I thought spoof but when visiting my ebay account. Using a different computer. I found ebay had sent that message to "my ebay" too.

Still alittle cofused about it all but I havent had anything else strange go on.

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg