Venue Restrictions

MikeyP

Hi all. Just a quick question. I'm fishing a week at 2.5 acre pond in June which is stocked with carp to 30lb and Tench to 9lb. The trouble is there is a lead limit of 1oz and all leads must be totally free running with no back stops, so this rules out using the normal lead-clip and tail rubber set up. As I will have to use a running rig set-up, is there anything I can do to ensure a better hook-up which would probably occur with a clipped-up lead? Thanks

A running lead gives beter bite indication than a semi fixed set up and its been proven on the Korda DVD's.

I would be more bothered with the fact that a running set up only works well with a heavier lead.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I used to fish Pool hall in Wolverhampton and one of my favourite tactics was to use cat meat on the hair. Obviously this is too soft to use with `conventional` carping methods as the bait would be ripped off the hair the second the lead hit the water. So, the lead was dropped to the minimum required for the distance (20 yards max) and ended up as a 1/4 to 1/2 ounce bomb. I couldn`t see any point in having it in a clip so free running it was to be.

The results were incredible, the fish belting off with the bait time after time. Don`t believe the hype that a heavy semi fixed lead is the only way to get a run, its an effective method for sure but not the be all and end all of set-ups. Fish light free runners with confidence Mikey, they work!

wolf.gif

Hi all. Just a quick question. I'm fishing a week at 2.5 acre pond in June which is stocked with carp to 30lb and Tench to 9lb. The trouble is there is a lead limit of 1oz and all leads must be totally free running with no back stops, so this rules out using the normal lead-clip and tail rubber set up. As I will have to use a running rig set-up, is there anything I can do to ensure a better hook-up which would probably occur with a clipped-up lead? Thanks

"Float" Fish it !!!!!!!

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.