What are the opinions on telescopic beachrods

Thor

Most telescopics seem to have the action of a stick of rhubarb in my experience. Nice idea but would endorse the others opinion in that a decent travel rod would be the way to go. It seems the manufacturers have finally cracked the technology to put a decent strong multi section rod on the market and I,m planning a purchase for my anticipated Gambia trip in December /Jan . Shakespeare do an ugly stik 4 section rod which is really small lenght that looks good, 20 & 30lb though I dont know if they do stronger

:clap2: Go for the travel rod, no telescopics good enough for the job in the lower price range. All good travel rods come in a strong tube which will protect it against most baggage handlers. :clap2:

• 3 years later...
I would drink to that view.

Have a look at the Shimano Exage TEXSPC 126275 7-piece travel rod. Will sling 3oz (4 at a pinch).

I have a pair and they are great - got them from a chap called Richard in Cornwall, will have a look for the link.

Can't advise on anything heavier - not seen anything yet.

Here is the link

http://www.summerlands.co.uk/Shimano_Exage_Rods.htm

Hi Vagabond,

It's a long time since this thread dried up, but Summerlands said today that it's discontinued and they can't source any. I wondered if you could advise me where to look at/buy this rod.

If you still have your pair, can you advise me if the number 126275 would refer to 12 foot 6 inches long and a 2.75 lb test curve? Just wondered.

Al;so, I wondered if you would sell one or both of your pair.

Thanks,

Geoff

Hi Vagabond,

Summerlands said today that it's discontinued and they can't source any. I wondered if you could advise me where to look at/buy this rod.

Someone, somewhere, must do a similar rod - appeal to the energy and persistence of our members - one of them will find an answer I'm sure

can you advise me if the number 126275 would refer to 12 foot 6 inches long and a 2.75 lb test curve?
Yes

I wondered if you would sell one or both of your pair.

:o:o Sorry, I'm far too attached to them!

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...