Womens' Knickers

Andy Macfarlane

Georgina Ballantyne's salmon reportedly took 10 hours to land and a pony and cart was needed to get the fish home!

We could do with a few women 'celebs' in the sport really, to encourage more girls/women to take it up. I imagine it's a pretty daunting hobby if you're not a typical angler (i.e. male, white and slightly odd).

Janet, ever thought of approaching the mags with some articles?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is down to knickers, would the size of the fish be in direct proportion to the size of the knickers? :unsure:

John.

You can just imagine the response to the question 'Does my fish look big in this?'

:D:D:D

Alan

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Emma, Newt renewed the enjoyment of fishing in my life. I go fishing, at a local pond, when he is at work and he goes fishing out on the boat if I'm not so inclined. We love being together and sharing mutual activities. Our retirement plans are built around living in a part of the US where we can fish year round with little cold weather (and grandkids near by for me). Lucky for us fishing is as enjoyable for one as it is to the other. I love being out on the boat, trolling along the shoreline and casting until we find a "hot spot". If we blanked, we still had an enjoyable day together. Our love for each other and are love of fishing are so intertwined it would be difficult to separate one from the other. And best I have seen, that isn't the norm.

A female friend of ours has definitely been the major influence in her relationships and fishing. She took her husband out but was more than happy to go out with us if he didn't feel like it or go out herself if we couldn't connect up. She is extremely knowledgeable at catching carp and catfish and her pack bait puts Newt's attempts to shame. I'm not as content to just sit and watch a line waiting for a carp or cat to take a run. I want to be casting and actively going after American bream with crickets and large mouth bass with lures.

She was only a ferryman's daughter, but she showed that she could handle a big one! ;)

she was only the fish mongers daughter but she could lay on the slab and say Fillet.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

she was only the fish mongers daughter but she could lay on the slab and say Fillet.

...and she knew her plaice!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

A female friend of ours has definitely been the major influence in her relationships and fishing. She took her husband out but was more than happy to go out with us if he didn't feel like it or go out herself if we couldn't connect up. She is extremely knowledgeable at catching carp and catfish and her pack bait puts Newt's attempts to shame.

Jan I pressume you are reffering to Bobbie?

Andrew and I met her last year and I can honestly say she is every bit as knowledgable and keen as any male angler Ive ever met!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Jan I pressume you are reffering to Bobbie?

Andrew and I met her last year and I can honestly say she is every bit as knowledgable and keen as any male angler Ive ever met!

Bobbie it is, Budgie. The guys will be down to Sutton's Landing fishing with her on Saturday.

Bobbie may be a highly compitent angler, women have the potential to be. However I imagine that most will agree that most 'fishers' are men. Does that indicate that men are more predisposed to enjoy fishing than women, or that men claim leisure time by 'right' and so have the space to go fishing?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

You can just imagine the response to the question 'Does my fish look big in this?'

:D:D:D

Alan

Does these knickers make my asp look big? ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote