Network 3?

Sportsman

My PC is connected via a Lan connection to a livebox. The connection was always just named "network"

I noticed this evening this has changed to "network 3", described as an open network and sharing centre.My wife's PC is connected to the same livebox in the same way and her connection is still just named "network"

I am running Win7 64bit

Is this likely to be significant?

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

not at all!

chances are you've simple connected and reconnected 3 times to different networks as your been changing the config etc of your network.

basically windows just makes names for new networks its connected to as it goes along!

you can rename it whatever you wish: goto network sharing centre and click on the little house to rename the network (if your in windows 7)

basically every time you reset your router to defaults, create a new network, etc then windows will create a list of the networks its connected to...they just change incrementally.

so I presume you've reset your router or configured your main network/ reformatted a couple of times etc to get to network 3!

think my unit at home is on network 12 or something! LOL

Edited by kirisute
  • Like 1

My PC is connected via a Lan connection to a livebox. The connection was always just named "network"

I noticed this evening this has changed to "network 3", described as an open network and sharing centre.My wife's PC is connected to the same livebox in the same way and her connection is still just named "network"

I am running Win7 64bit

Is this likely to be significant?

The joys of the livebox ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 2 weeks later...