Barbel Fish-in

seph

For those of you interested, I have got Manor Farm Leisure, Harvington on the W.Avon booked for a Barbel fish-in for the 4th-6th Aug which is Friday to Sunday. Now it is entirely upto you as an idividual how many days/nights you fish.

The cost for camping with either bivvy or tent is £10 per night plus £6 a day for the fishing. You can camp on their site or by the river bank, it is only a short drive to the river from the site. You will have use of the shower block and toilets on the site. There is also an on site cafe serving food from about 7.30am till about 3pm for those of you who don't want to cook, this situated on the lakes complex at the top of the road.

I will be there for the entire weekend and will get there early Friday morning.

If you are there earlier, then set up and fish.

I am willing to help anybody who needs it. I will also have spare tackle with me for anybody who needs it, as this is what I fish for these days.

The stretch has about 110 pegs and you can park your car at virtually all of them, some do require a little walk but not many, 20 or so. There are Barbel all along this stretch and I have fished most pegs and caught on most of them.

You don't really need to book as you can pay the bailif on the day, but I would like an idea of how many will be coming, if there is enough of us we might be able to have the stretch to ourselves.

Below is the website for the fishery, it will give you directions etc. It is easy to find

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/manor.htm

Edited by seph

Paul

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a good spot Paul. Definitely count me in, although I'm not sure how much of the weekend I'll take. I'll figure that out later.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I'm very interested, I'm off work that weekend, just need to doublecheck with "she who must be obeyed"

are the banks of this river suitable for juniors? (my oldest is 6, and will undoubtedly want to come along!)

Mat

Mat

Nice one Seph.Ive fished there before and it has a great variety of swims from the weir itself to ultra fast shallows and deeper slower swims! I dont believe it is the most prolific numbers wise of venues but it does do some real biggies each year.Acsess is terrific as well.

The swims at the top end (weir) produce well on trotted meat so lots of variety.

I will most likely fish all of the days but not all night long as Its only a few minutes drive from my Mums.Im quite flexible time wise so may stay on a bit longer and have a few days at Bewdly as well while Im up that way.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'm very interested, I'm off work that weekend, just need to doublecheck with "she who must be obeyed"

are the banks of this river suitable for juniors? (my oldest is 6, and will undoubtedly want to come along!)

Mat

Mat,

This stretch is quite good, with some very comfortable and easy to access swims. Just remember it is still a river.

Paul

Guest Ferret1959

I'll be there.

Fished there before. :)

Had a mini pike only. :D :D :D

I'll camp on the river bank if that's ok. :)