Barbel Fish-in

seph

Guest Ferret1959
thanks again all particularly judith who sent me messages of support these last weeks.ANs little star.

Got your pm steve-thanks, talk to you when I feel better than this.

I got out of hospital ten days ago, but collapsed on sunday with serious stomach pains, raging temperature and fluid deficiency-a friend drove me to Farnborough hospital.

My bowel had split but i wasnt in good enough shape to operate on. Im now on liquid food and fluid directly into an artery-gives the bowel a chance to partially self heal.

Would like to reply to all the messages but Im using keyboard about 2x6 and its bit of a chore.

Would kill for a double Becks poured over crushed ice and lime juice

Gerry

Liquid food eh, nice innit. :(

Hope things soon start healing for ya matey.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had computer problems of late so could not add to this thread, a few fish were caught and a laugh was had, it was just a shame the turn out was so bad as a lot of work by Paul was put into it. :(

atb

malc

I would like to say a big thank you to Seph for a great weekend. Although I didn't get any monsters I did manage 2 barbel, 6lb 5oz caught on Friday night at about half ten and a 6lb 10oz caught in bright sunshine on the Saturday afternoon. Best moment for me had to be when I went to sort out the money with Seph at around 3am on the Sunday morning. We were both stood behind his bedchair having a chat, thinking that the action had finished for the night, when he had a run. He did manage to get to the rod but not before falling over the bedchair. To see him laying on the floor trying to stop a barbel from finding sanctuary in the far side weed was bloody hysterical. It turned out to be a beautiful fish of around 9lb. Well done m8 and thanks again.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

I would like to say a big thank you to Seph for a great weekend. Although I didn't get any monsters I did manage 2 barbel, 6lb 5oz caught on Friday night at about half ten and a 6lb 10oz caught in bright sunshine on the Saturday afternoon. Best moment for me had to be when I went to sort out the money with Seph at around 3am on the Sunday morning. We were both stood behind his bedchair having a chat, thinking that the action had finished for the night, when he had a run. He did manage to get to the rod but not before falling over the bedchair. To see him laying on the floor trying to stop a barbel from finding sanctuary in the far side weed was bloody hysterical. It turned out to be a beautiful fish of around 9lb. Well done m8 and thanks again.

Ant

He did'nt tell me about that :P

atb

malc

Yep Gerry mate get well soon. :thumbs:

The wife and I fished Anchor Meadow last year and are going back in a fortnight but may try next door at Manor do they have camping now as they did,nt last year and do they allow you to bivvie up on the river bank or do I have to read all the posts here ?

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

Guest Brumagem Phil

jackpike......

not 100% sure of the answer to your question but yes I believe bivvying up is allowed but it will cost you a tenner a night (or whatever the camping fee is) as you have the use of the camp site facilities. You pay your fishing fee on top of that.

• 2 weeks later...
The wife and I have just booked in for three nights there this week hope the weather picks up :sun:

The avon has been fishing very well recently. Seph and I have been doing a couple of sessions on the stretch just above Manor farm and we have had a few fish out. Not monsters but Malc who is also a member here had a double out of there last week at 11.4 (well done m8!) The river is low and clear again but we have had a little rain this weekend so it should be ok.

I'm definately not an expert on the avon as most of my barbel fishing is done stalking on the river teme but from what I have learned off Seph Its pellets or fishmeal groundbait that has been doing the damage fished down the edges of the boat channel.

Hope you have a good time.

Tight lines

Ant

Effort equals reward!!