Advice Please

nursejudy

Going away very soon,and there will be loads of swallows nesting in the eaves of the cottage ...the sitting room is upstairs and one window cannot be opened for fear of the birds flying in...the nests are all just literally above the windows is there going to be any chance of me getting any pictures..if so what would be best way to tackle it...

thanks

Judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Tripod and long remote? Let the birds become use to camera being there. Try some tests shots though glass beforehand to get the settings right, then fire away and hope for best as they fly in and out.

You can buy some really naff and cheap little tripods, that can screw into camera base and have tiny bendable legs, but with a little thought and some gaffer tape these can be mounted almost anywhere.

Anyway have fun and enjoy your holiday.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

I have a small tripod and a big one......do i need the 400 film speed ( no remote though)

Jeepster .......lovely idea!!!!!! not!

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

I would use the highest iso you can to avoid having to use flash, which will reflect on the window as well as scaring the birds. But beware that a high iso Number, above 400 can give a grainy image. Trial and error. Try a few test shots, the background will also alter the final exposure.

What sort of remote do you need, more to point can you use an air release, I have an old one spare and extra cable.

Edited by Cameraman

If it takes air release, it will have a small screw thread in the shutter release button, where your put your finger.

May look a little strange from the outside but you could cut a pice of cardboard the same size as the window then cut a hole in the cardboard just big enough so the camera fits tightly into it. pop the camera into the hole and put the cardboard into the open window with the camera pointing at the nest. set the camera to burst/continous mode then snap away.This is all depending on the size of the window ad which way it opens.You will need the fastest shutter speed possible as well becuase they cant keep still them swallows.

Regards Paul Mc

Judy, if your shutter isn't threaded to take a cable release (few are these days) this will probably solve the problem: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai...ews/kaiser.html

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Thanks for the link Steve that looks just the thing...I think it might be fun experimenting...so fastest shutter speed and fastest film setting and burst/continous setting...hopefully i might have a picture to post....if not it will not be for the want of trying...so thanks as always for the advice

judy

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif