I'm ready

Anderoo

The mayflies have all but disappeared from the little river I've been trout fishing, and it's that time of year again to pack away the fly gear and get everything ready for the new coarse season. I caught my last trout yesterday evening, and it was so stuffed with mayflies it had a proper 'carp belly' :D

The weather looks good, the scouting trips have been a success and I'm buzzing to get out there again after some lovely gravel pit tench. It's a bit of a role reversal I suppose - I've spent the closed season on the river and now can't wait to get back to still water!

The first cast on 16 June is only a week away. Magic.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'm starting the 16th after tench too - though I've not wet a line since the 14th March (well in fresh water - had a Bream trip off Hayling Island last month). Got all me gear out last night tieing up rigs etc checking what I need from the tackle shops on Sat - have to say I got quite excited! 178½ hours to go!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I shall be on the river and hopefully the Barbel will have finished spawning and be thinking about filling their bellies. I have not even cleaned my tackle yet, got reels to spool up aswell.

At least it will give me something to do next week.

Paul

i will start making up some zed traces and dusting off my fly gear for rudd,ready for teh coming seasons challenges!,doing a night on the still magical 16th too

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

I've never felt such a buzz about a new season, and it seems everbody's got it :)

Dunno, the long cold winter?? Has everyone got barbel fever all of a sudden?

Whatever - have a good one!

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Just got back from a trip down the A1 to London. Past over the rivers, Calder, Trent, Ouse and Ivel, everyone of them looked in perfect nick. With this weather the spawning could be over by next week. So things are looking good. :thumbs:

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Just got back from a trip down the A1 to London. Past over the rivers, Calder, Trent, Ouse and Ivel, everyone of them looked in perfect nick. With this weather the spawning could be over by next week. So things are looking good. :thumbs:

I had a wander along the Evenlode and Thames yesterday and they're both looking ace. I'm off on a plumbing mission this evening at one of my new lakes in readiness for Friday (4 days! :D ). I can see from Multimap there are some nice bars and humps out there, so it's time to get it mapped and sort out a decent tench swim.

Hopefully everyone will be too hungover on Friday morning after the next England match to make an early start...

I'M SO EXCITED! :lol:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music