Scottish Carp Waters List

Saul

Hi Kreid

Yes this list will be published in full but its here for everyone to see as the info appears, it may take some time to get all the info like contacts ,stock,location etc to be ready for a proper list.

Thanks for the info you have supplied and lets hope more people do the same.Please give as much info as you can if your replying , but even the smallest bits of info could help.

Cheers

Saul :):)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monklands canal did have carp in it last year.

Eliburn resevior (AKA Deans) near livingston has a good head of carp to about 15lb, try a search for the West Loathian Course Anglers. A good mixed fishery with tench ide, rudd, golden orfe, perch, roach, chub, and a few bream.

Dead dog quarry out the back of Chapelhall airdrie has a few carp in it to 6-8lb and is free to fish. Being a quarry it is quite dangerous and frequented by some unsavory people. :/

Drumpellier loch in coatbridge has carp in it though I have no details, should be easy to find info on that water.

The quarry across the road from Broadwood stadium (Cumbernauld) contains a few carp to about 6-8lb and is free to fish. The quarrry is in the trees directly across the B8408 from the stadium. This water is also known for some good perch and either a big roach or small bream (the one that got away )

Broadwood loch is also said to contain carp but I cannot confirm this.

Thats all I can think off that hasn't been listed. Ill have a rifle through some of my old permits to see if I can get some contact details for some waters listed in this thread.

Thanks Winky

Plenty of good info there,spot on ,cheers.

Other areas that need looking at are,

Northern Scotland ,I know there are a few waters up there somewhere ?

Borders , I know the south west has a good few but I have no info on the rest of the borders its a bit of a mystery , there may be some in the Galashiels area ?

Cheers

Saul :)

[ 18. May 2003, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Saul ]

Here's a few more Saul:

St Margarets Loch, Edinburgh - or there were in the early eighties.

Craighlaw Loch, Newton Stewart

Cowans Farm Pond, Kirkgunzeon

and one at Eaglesfield, Annan.

I am sure there must be some more in the south west.

Owen

The loch level had been lowered for some reason and I saw several carp of a few pounds bow waving in the shallow water. I remember seeing one fish quite clearly and it was fully scaled. Don't know if it was a wildy though or where they originated from.

Owen

I heard last week a Carp was caught on the Endrick, dont know how true it was though...

In last Friday's Daily Record a 8lb carp was caught from the Forth and Clyde Canal at the Fir Park basin (Maryhil I think)

Interesting point about carp in rivers in Scotland :)

I don't think the salmon boys are going to like that :mad: :D:D

As carp are in Lomond its not supprising that they might have a mooch up the Endrick but I dont know where else they might be , I would have thought the river Clyde would have a few in as its allready got Barbel and most other coarse fish.

I can just see it now ,sitting on the banks of the Tweed with three carp rods out :D:D

Cheers

Saul