ABU5600AB repairs

peterseafishing

I have just bought an ABU 5600AB from ebay after the first couple of trips I found that I could no get free spool. The reel is one with the thum bar to get free spool. On stripping the reel the operating rod that goes from the thum bar to the side plate is short. I was looking to replace the thumbar but am unable do disemble the cage to get at the thum bar. Any tips + were can I get ABU spares

prp

peterseafishing:

I have just bought an ABU 5600AB from ebay after the first couple of trips I found that I could no get free spool. The reel is one with the thum bar to get free spool. On stripping the reel the operating rod that goes from the thum bar to the side plate is short. I was looking to replace the thumbar but am unable do disemble the cage to get at the thum bar. Any tips + were can I get ABU spares

:cool: Try the Reeldoctor or Reelvalue, even ABU. :D

The reeldoctor did a 30 old Abu for me and Ithought he sent me back a new one by mistake until I found the old parts and a note at the bottom of the box :D

I did post a topic on the reel with before and after pictures but Sonja is out so I cant find them :(

I took the precaution of emailing and phoning him first just to make sure he could help me out, "no problem"

Good luck

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/