littletack4 and misstack4's first boat trip

tack4

the little tack4's first boating adventure with Ian Burrett

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly thanks Ian for your time and effort we had a blast and the craic was great

As a treat to my kids misstack4 (Caitlin age 12) and littletack4 (Kyle age 9) Ian Burrett offered to take them Me and Snatcher (uncle snatcher to the littletacks) out some evening after his charter for the day had ended

THAT EVENING WAS LAST NIGHT

we arrived late due to my work (theatre list over ran as usual) to be greeted by the flatest calm sea i have ever witnessed and there wasnt a cloud in the

sky.

all aborad ground rules laid (and quickly ignored by the youngsters as usual)

quick sprint to get some mackeral

misstack4 was first in and almost dropprd the rod when 5 mackeral hit her feathers 4 were boated and she relaesde one as she thought it was catch n relaese that we mostly practice

littletack 4 was in next with a full house of two as i only set him a two feather trace

snatcher was spining a snatcher lure to good effect and managed more than me

as i was playing with a 5 ft "whopper stopper" of a rod that i'd got for the kids yaers ago and soon realised it wasnt for sea fishing small wee bait casting reel 8 lb line and a wee toby with single hook boy did that rod bend when Mr Macky came to town magic fight

enough mackeral for bait

off round the tip of the mull for ian to point out access to good shore marks

misstack4(Caitlin) Uncle Snatcher littletack4(Kyle)

kidsnunclesnatcher.jpg

what a beautifull coastline we have in SW Scotalnd that as a mainly shore angler you never really get to appreciate as weel as you do afloat

STUNNING

BOY DO WE HAVE SOME MARKS TO TRY THIS SUMMER

floating for pollack commenced for littletack4 and misstack4 under Ians watchful eye

Kyle missed his first bite but lsitened again to Ians instruction and hooked up his next bite and safely brought it to the boat with yells of exitement

a nice pollack to approx 1 1/2lb

kylepollack.jpg

misstack4 meantime had missed several nibbles as she was trying to prepare more strips of bait after beoing repeatedly told not to handle the kinves by me (this was to be an ongoing theme)

she finally hooked up one and the scream of someone help me was echoing around the cliffs

are you getting the picture yet we weren't in for a quite night!!!!!

she was poilitely told that she was doing fine and to just concentrate....aother pollack of 1 1/2lb boated REX HUNTED (she insists on this) and realeased

caitlinpollack.jpg

Ian had a float out too and was picking up similar sized fish,

snatcher was spinning his snatcher lure and lande the smallest coallie i've seen in a while(sorry m8)

follwed by the biggest boated pollack so far of just on 2lb

a few more fish follwed but not to me as i was ledgering with prob too heavy a weight ...change of tactics required me thinks

under instruction littletack4 piloted us to almost around the point of the mull

pilot.jpg

before ian took over as those who have seen them know the tidal rips that can be there at the point

next mark with another reminder of not using knives and to keep the noise down as they were spooking the fish

better fish were caught by all including me with 5 1/2 -6 lb pollack on a trotted float this tactic i found by accident when i had forgot to close the bail arm and boy did it work

Snatchers tally improved too after Ian suggetsed a slower retrieve

all these tips and we still occasionally kept stricking instaed of controlled reeling

Misstack4 piloted us back towards shore as Snatcher caught the "last fish and were in" pollack.

I knew allready i was going to be in the dog house as it was well past the time we should have been home but the lateness was compouded when Kyle accidentaly dropped the car key on the shingle

Hey may not tie flies smaller than 16's anymore but with out Snatchers eyes of a hawk we'd still be hunting for them

Kids chatted all the way home and was heckeled by "Dad can we get a boat?"

Home air was blue......... hrs late on a school night showered, teeth brushed, bed n tuck in.

I stowed the washed dwon gear fillted a few mackeral showered, kept quiet, silent treatment

deserved

Sorry Tracy.

Finally , Thanks again to Ian Burrett or just Burrett as littletack4 called him repeatedly for his time and patience,

To Snatcher for the craic and phoning Tracy,

to My kids cheers pals well done

And Lastly Tracy For her caring and letting us go in the first palce

photos to follow

Edited by tack4

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great report andrew :) good to see the kids having a great time , they will be hooked on boat fishing now , i,m down the mull on sat and sun meeting snatcher on sat , i will be fishing overnight ,then out with ian on sun hopefully with a few tope to be caught :D:D:D

Guest binatone
Brilliant stuff, I love reading about the exploits of the Tack Family!

cannot fault it,i take my two darlings,out whenever,weather is good they love it big smiles all round, :):)