EyeBrook

ef duck

Good Afternoon all, we are fishing Eyebrook next Wednesday, its my first time there, and also only my second time out!! I would be gratefull for any advice and/or tips from any one on flies and tactics

Cheers

Just ask at the tackle shop they and the lodge will give you all the advice you need.

Eyebrook tends to be a top of the water reservoir so take some dries with you. Also Damsels and plenty of buzzers [black ones and green ones]

Good luck,

Colin

Just ask at the tackle shop they and the lodge will give you all the advice you need.

Eyebrook tends to be a top of the water reservoir so take some dries with you. Also Damsels and plenty of buzzers [black ones and green ones]

Good luck,

Colin

Many thanks Colin, I shall let you know how we get on!!

Cheers

Many thanks Colin, I shall let you know how we get on!!

Cheers

Eyebrook was hard work!! to say the least, there was Damsels hatching off all over the place, and possibly 25 boats out as well as a couple from the shore. In our group there were 15 anglers and we returned a total of 15 fish!! so quite a few blanks, including me!!(oh well)

The water was inordinately warm, and the guys that caught were on very deep buzzers fished VERY slow, and a couple on Orange Blobs , stripped fast! We tried all over the water, but the dam wall area was the most prolific, and it appears the same was true for the other guys that were out yesterday!!

Farmoor next in July, fingers crossed.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Eyebrook was hard work!! to say the least, there was Damsels hatching off all over the place, and possibly 25 boats out as well as a couple from the shore. In our group there were 15 anglers and we returned a total of 15 fish!! so quite a few blanks, including me!!(oh well)

The water was inordinately warm, and the guys that caught were on very deep buzzers fished VERY slow, and a couple on Orange Blobs , stripped fast! We tried all over the water, but the dam wall area was the most prolific, and it appears the same was true for the other guys that were out yesterday!!

Farmoor next in July, fingers crossed.

Cheers

Hi,

I have been on Eyebrook for the past three days for various reasons, the water was warm but I did notice if the sin of motoring up your drift was committed, then immediately on turning to drift back down there would be a take, not always but it did happen more than once, in conclusion I would say that motoring back up with some speed on was oxygenating the water, and bringing the trout straight in front of you. Only a theory.

Cheers.

Hi,

I have been on Eyebrook for the past three days for various reasons, the water was warm but I did notice if the sin of motoring up your drift was committed, then immediately on turning to drift back down there would be a take, not always but it did happen more than once, in conclusion I would say that motoring back up with some speed on was oxygenating the water, and bringing the trout straight in front of you. Only a theory.

Cheers.

Cast your flies into the wake as you turn [engine killed of course] Most effective, but not for purists.

Colin

Not that I'd do it!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Complete Fisher
Cast your flies into the wake as you turn [engine killed of course] Most effective, but not for purists.

Colin

Not that I'd do it!!

I believe this is still classed as trolling. Under International Rules you can't start fishing until the boat has stopped moving from the engine power.