RIP Andy Macfarlane

Andy_1984

I was awoken today with the terrible news that my best friend had passed away last night.

Some of you might not have known Andy Macfarlane (also known as The Poachmiester) but will have heard of him or had some interesting and colorful discussions no doubt.

Andy was the kindest person I have had the pleasure of knowing and given me a friendship that extended beyond just fishing. When I was down and out I looked to the internet to get in to this fishing scene and try to lift myself out of depression and wasting my life, Andy extended his hand to help me out because he was just that type of person without a single thought of selflessness.

Andy had a wonderful personality, a kind soul in a world gone mad and the voice of reason when things were at their darkest. He has shown me things I could never have imagined and has changed my outlook on life for the better. I will miss our crazy adventures and talking crap until the sun came up.

He has given me memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life, Ones that can never be replaced or forgotten, He was the brother I should have had and a friendship that should not have and would never have ended.

It's hard to imagine what life is going to be like without my best friend by my side but where ever life takes me he will always be there and will never be forgotten.

I'm going to miss you, Brother. You made me who I am.

I would ask that anyone to share the good times from those that knew him and my apologies to those finding out about this via a forum.

andysbetterside.jpg
Andy showing his cheeky side

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

That's terrible news, I never met him but I'll never forget the laughs regarding the Noddy thread (spinning rods)....please extend my condolences and best wishes to his family and friends Andy...including yourself of course.

Nick.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Never met Andy, except though the forum, but always respected his opinions, even when I didn't agree with them.

This has come as a shock.

My best wishes to his family and friends, particularly to you Andy 1984

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Sad news Andy, and thanks for letting us know.

I never met him but 'spoke' on here with him quite a few times. We didn't always agree, but I respected his views, and like to think he respected mine.

He will be missed on here, both for his strong views, especially on pike fishing, and his humour.

My condolences to his family, friends, and of course to you his 'apprentice' Andy.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Andy,

You know that's what catch and release was all about for Andy. He didn't want to eat his fish he just wanted to get acquainted so he could meet up with them later. I loved Andy's forum presents and I'm sure he knew what he was doing in his life's journey.

Phone

• Like 1

My condolences too, he and I had some debates over the years in this and another forum. Like some others have said, we didn't always agree, but he took the time to write to me with answers to some of my piking questions, and i accepted his advice gracefully after having reached an age when I know I'm not too old to learn, no matter how long I have been fishing,

Andy we don't know his background outside of fishing, did he leave a family, and it has to be asked what was the reason for his demise?

• Like 1
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"