Where's the weekend report

GB

I cant wait any longer.

After all the preperation and anticipation and then the total bad luck I suffered I am desperate to know how everybody got on this weekend. I have not managed to get out of the house yet (my kit is still in the car also) so I have been checking the weather and conditions constantly and almost willing them tope onto your bait's.

Please somebody put me out of my missery and show me some picture's.

GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi GB,

I didn't make the trip myself as you know. However I have spoken to Starvinmarvin who told me some of the details. I won't ramble on too much as I'm sure the guys will be along with any photos they have but...

It seems the tope had moved way off shore and so none were caught. The weather turned very windy on Saturday I think he said...so much so, that SM decided to drive home at the end of the day having lots of doggies etc but no prize bass or tope that he was after, which was a real shame. Even worse was to follow after SM's departure (from SM's perspective)...the weather calmed and the Bass came out to play! Nifty had some on the fly...I won't tell you how many, I'll leave that to him! (well done Nifty!)...and Simon had a cracker on a lure...again I'll leave the details and hopefully pics to him...again well done Simon, I wish I could have been there to see it!

So from what I heard, the weekend was not exactly as planned....but hey 15 or so got to together, had a laugh, had a fish, exchanged tales and maybe even learned a few things...that sounds like a great weekend to me! :D ...and certainly beats mine at work, green with envy!!!

Like GB, looking forward to any pics and the full story, so come on boys!

Cheers, Rich

GB,

The trip hasn't ended for some, Spanner and Phooey are there until tomorrow, so until the fat lady sings and all that. :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

I had the pleasure of a very early morning fish with simon Everette having foolishly stated the night before that I was desperate to catch a Yak caught Bass!! A launch around 5am saw me catch two of the spikey fellas on a surface lure kindly supplied by Simon ( how exciting are those takes!) the biggest around 3.5lbs :) Had to go home around 9am just as the late risers were heading out for a crack at the Tope :(

Ok Prowler 13

Glad I tagged along......Nifty thanks for the call and Simon thanks again for the use of your Scupper and your adivce / directions on re-entry :thumbs:

Thoroughly enjoyed the day......... 2 nice bass, good bag of Bream (first for me) doggies and huss.......... Nice to see the dolphins within meters of the yak also.

Cheers gents. Ill put one on the wedding list and cross off the new washing machine.

Ian (With Sun Burnt Shins!!)

Well done Mr Hurst, are you going back this weekend? Simon tried to talk me into it, but the wife was listening so I had to say no :(

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Cant make it this weekend unfortunately but the 24th is a distinct possibility !! Need some sleep first , that paddle back on Friday is still taking its toll! Ian glad you enjoyed your trip and early start , lot easier when the paddles the right way around ;)

Ok Prowler 13

Damn it, did I miss dolphins as well on Sunday. :(

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

quote name='Starvinmarvin' date='Jun 12 2006, 04:57 PM' post='638434']

Damn it, did I miss dolphins as well on Sunday. :(

You weren't the only one SM, I missed them by minutes apparently. Good to meet everybody and put faces to names. Didn't manage to get into the bass, unfortunately, but bagged my first black bream after an entertaining duel. Five sandeel in quick succession got expertly removed from my hook, before I got fed up and stuck on a rag worm, which the greedy little so and so finally came a cropper on. :fish::victory: When I gutted him later, I found all 5 sandeel inside. Got my first doggie too, which I was actually quite chuffed with, as it was my first fish of the day (the thrill wore off after about the eighth one) Found out the hard way that thing they do with their tail around your wrist and thought the way they blink at you with such a pained expression on their faces was a bit weird. Other than that, a few more bream, 3 mackies and a small wrasse. Total of 13 hrs on the water and a great craic round the camp fire with BBQ'd fish and Zippy's spider crab. Cheers lads, let's do it again, somewhere, real soon :thumbs:

Thanks for the enjoyable weekend Guys :thumbs:

I will write a bit more of a report tomorrow as I am so tired due to the rain keeping me awake most of the night,...and the crows the morning b4.

Even though we didnt catch Tope,it was still a crack.We managed to brush up on our surf landings :bigemo_harabe_net-183:

Cant wait till the next one :yeah:

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif