chub?

***Simon***

actually shut up, i havent been freshwater fishing for years so am i just expected to know about all these things? no, so hush ya gums. now i know ill get a rod license and i wont fish for another 3 days

always look on the bright side of life

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually shut up, i havent been freshwater fishing for years so am i just expected to know about all these things? no, so hush ya gums. now i know ill get a rod license and i wont fish for another 3 days

Ignorance is no excuse. Also you said in your post you went with some mates from college. Didn't any of those people know the byelaws either?

no excuse for not having a licence though.... :angry:

Yes you are expected to know these things before fishing, it's all part of being a good and responsible angler - asking in your local tackleshop is all it would have taken!

Mat

lol, you guys are unbelieveable

how should we know the byelaws if we are not informed of them??

you knew where to ask about improving your catch, how comes you didn't know where to ask if it was legal to fish?

You should be thanking us not getting annoyed, had you inadvertantly fished again illegally before the 16th and got caught you could have been facing a fine of up too two thousand pounds.

Mat

Mat

lol, you guys are unbelieveable

how should we know the byelaws if we are not informed of them??

Now now Simon play fair. What you are suggesting is that you and a bunch of mates decided to turn up on somebodies private land and fish without bothering to seek permission or find out whether it was legal to do so.

You've made over 200 posts on a fishing forum (mostly on the sea section admittedly) and you didn't think it appropriate to look at the coarse section or ask advice before fishing.

Now who's being unreasonable.

In the interests of providing information, I should point out that in addition to coughing up for a rod licence, you'll also have to seek permission of the landowner (and probably pay) for permission to fish.

It's not cheap this coarse fishing lark....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

and now we get to the usual common denominator of idiots everywhere, now having realised you have been both stupid and are completely in the wrong instead of being a man about it and admitting to a mistake you instead resort to profanity and personal abuse.

This site really needs an "ignore this poster" button!

Mat

Guys, why not cut this lad some slack? For once it looks like a genuine mistake. Oh, and by the way, Simon, welcome to Angler's Net! :)

It seems that for one or more reasons the fish were scared - either by your bait, your tackle, and even more likely by you. If the fish know you're there they're much less likely to feed, unless of course they're totally used to people. Even so, you'd do better keeping out of sight and keeping vibrations to a minimum. Spreading out along the river helps here, rather than all fishing nearby.

It's also likely that they've seen bread many times before, often with a hook in it! So you may do well with a more unusual bait. Just use your imagination here as carp, and chub in particular, eat almost anything, especially if you feed some samples of your bait first.

What tackle were you using? In particular what breaking strain line and hook size?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

i dont mind paying my way, thats really not a problem. its just when people start getting arsey when i was only trying a new area of fishing that i havent tried for years. i found it quite fun today so i will probably be taking it up so i appreciate your point of view and i appologise for my attitude but i was quite angry. hope you'll help me out in the future

btw ill be gettin a license before friday :P

always look on the bright side of life